Excellent Global Market Risk Analyst role
- Highly Competitive For a Junior Role
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Contract, Full time
- People in Computers (PiC)
- 03 Aug 16
12 month, full time contract for a Junior Market Risk Officer.
Our International Investment Banking client is currently looking for a for a Junior Professional in the Risk Performance team within Financial Markets - Risk Management. The team is an energetic international team of highly qualified professionals. The team has an open, informal atmosphere and a strong focus on team work. They work closely with various parts of the organization (e.g. Finance, Front Office, IT) and risk management worldwide in a dynamic environment to deliver accurate risk measurement ensuring balanced risk and return.
The team is responsible for monitoring, analysing and advising on:
- Global market risk
- Regulatory capital
- Economic capital
- Performance of the business activities
As a Junior Professional you will take responsibility for daily monitoring, measuring, managing and advising on the market and risk of the trading portfolio, more specifically:
- Value at Risk (including limits)
- Event Risk
- Sensitivity based analysis
- Market Risk Capital
You will also participate in projects to improve methodologies, processes and the implementation of new regulation on regulatory and economic capital.
Strong analytical skills and the ability to create, challenge and improve risk monitoring techniques and measures. The candidate should have good communication skills and a pro-active attitude.
- Master’s degree in economics, econometrics, financial engineering / mathematics
- Quantitative mindset / skills to deal with large data using VBA or Matlab or SQL
- Proven knowledge of financial markets and financial instruments
- Fluent in English