Senior Expert Regulatory Control Management
- Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 17
Senior Expert Regulatory Control Management
ING is looking for...
a Senior Expert Regulatory Control Management
Compliance with (international) client transparency regulations, such as Financial Economic Crime (FEC), Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Common Reporting Standards (CRS), Qualified Intermediary) QI is essential for ING to continue offering products to its clients.
One of the enablers of the Think Forward strategy is operational excellence. Streamlining our expertise, processes and tools will have a massive impact on the quality of client services that we're able to offer and will greatly improve our customer experience as well as the time-to-market of new solutions.
The Regulatory Control Domain, together with the local expert centers, will play a vital role to ensure compliance with these regulations in an effective and efficient way by, amongst others, concentrating the required knowledge and experience and using one integrated workforce planning and robust tooling
As a Senior Expert you will be based in Amsterdam and report hierarchically and functionally the Head of Global Regulatory Control Management.
Ensure that level of knowledge on client transparency regulations is at an adequate level across ING to ensure compliance with external requirements as well as offering technical advice and day to day support to local 1st Line of Defense as a 'mobile expert team'.
Your main tasks
- Help developing the market vision based on the developments of the lines of business, external market and regulatory developments and internal client transparency developments
- Translate policy into processes, procedures, and process control standards, test plans and monitor that countries incorporate regulatory change in local processes and work instructions
- Design, maintain and update global process and procedures documents related to regulations
- Develop training material & provide training (material) to countries as well a curriculum on regulatory control management
- Provide policy input to Global 2nd Line of Defence
- Advice and support proactively the 1rst Line of Defence, internal stakeholders and the team on technical issues related to FATCA, CRS, QI and FEC on an operational, tactical and strategic level. This includes technical advice and support to Local 1 LoD ('mobile expert team'). Act as a single point of contact between Global team and the local Centers of Excellence
- Assist Principal in his task to act as single point of contact to the IRS for regulatory reporting (one voice to IRS)
Knowledge & experience:
You have a good track record of working within the FATCA, CRS, QI, FEC field. You are ambitious in terms of what you want to achieve and you are able to transmit your positive energy to the people you work with. You work transparently and are able to facilitate discussions and alternative solutions. Thanks to your sensitivity and as a good listener, you are capable of achieving cooperation at all levels within the organization.
In addition, you recognize yourself in the following profile:
The ideal candidate will have
- A university level education with a preferred specialisation in Compliance or Tax
- Preferably 8 or more years in the financial services industry with a strong knowledge and affinity to one or more of the following FATCA, CRS, QI and FEC, and or willingness to build it
- Affinity with data, (advanced) analytics and technology within the financial services sector with working knowledge in the sector an advantage
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Preferably experience in establishing FATCA, CRS, QI or FEC compliance policies and procedures in a cross border environment.
- Ability to provide timely and comprehensive recommendations to mitigate client transparency risks.
- Strong consultancy skills including excellent communication and presentation skills and fluent in the English language.
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate difficult and unpopular messages.
- Strong coaching skills are important.
- Ability to think at strategic, tactical and operational levels.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Experience of working in complex environments (sensitive to the internal organization and creating support and acceptance).
- Strong persuasiveness skills
- Individual leadership
- Sensitive and a good listener
- The will and mind set to continuously want to improve
Join a highly motivated team of professionals with international exposure. Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, which is rapidly changing on the back of changing client needs, regulatory requirements and funding constraints.
• 40-hour working week
• Job grade 12 or 13
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Mickey van Wieringen ( mickey.van.wieringen@ING.nl or +31 611305769.
Please send your CV and motivation. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ING.nl/carriere