- Above-average annual wages
- Veghel, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
- Permanent, Full time
- Mars Nederland BV
- 18 Sep 17
The consumer is our boss, quality is our work and value for money is our goal. Are you ready to become part of an exciting food company, immersing yourself in our chocolate culture?
Mars operates in 180 countries, with an annual turnover of $33 billion, and is the ambassador for our biggest global chocolate, gum and confection brands. Our Veghel factory is the world’s largest chocolate factory, leveraging power brands like M&M’s®, Snickers®, Galaxy®, Maltesers®, Extra® and Skittles®. As a market leader in retail, we need accounting talent for our financial adventure. We are in it for the long haul. Are you?
Be our linking financial pin: the job
As a Factory Manager, you will be responsible for the proper and timely accounting of our Veghel factory and the related logistics hub, driving the G&C mindset. This includes the reallocation process of the corporate profit for management reporting purposes. You are the first point of contact for all our factory financials, providing information of all processes and journal entries, including pensions, currency results and cocoa margins. An exciting job in which you will work closely with our Supply Finance team, two accounting colleagues and your Accounting Manager.
You’ll make a difference by:
- Managing 1-2 projects per year, including the implementation of the SOD self-assessment tool and automated FIFO posting on stocks.
- Driving the governance agenda and being responsible for the period close of the factory and the logistics hub.
- Creating financial balance sheet reviews on a quarterly basis, and sharing this information through training towards markets and other factories.
- Supporting colleagues within your team in their accounting and competencies development.
The Associate our globalized playing field requires
We like to call our employees Mars Associates, because we expect each and every one to run our business as if it were their own. The Associate we are looking for is a very skilled communicator and has the charisma needed to be a trusted partner for a variety of stakeholders. You can meet fixed deadlines, deal with stress efficiently during peaks in workload and balance ad hoc requests and complex tasks.
To be our next Associate, we’d like you to:
- hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Finance or Accountancy.
- have at least 3 years of experience in Accountancy at a big firm.
- show us your knowledge of administration organisation and financial processes.
- master the Dutch and English language, both verbally and written.
No walls. No borders. No limits to what’s possible.
A job at Mars is never just a job. It’s an adventure, a journey. Anything but blindly following what others tell you to do. It’s about rewriting the rules, building new solutions and creating new successes. At Mars, we bring a smile to your face and add fun to your financial journey. Our support includes mentoring and coaching, as well as a broad range of development programs provided by our award-winning Mars University.
What we offer you:
- A permanent position with the possibility to grow towards a business controller job
- Above-average annual wages ($ 50,000,- / $ 65,000,-) and flexible working hours
- 27 days annual leave and
- A wide range of benefits designed to make your life easier, including our own company pension scheme, life insurance and corporate gym memberships
Are you ready to drive efficiency through continuous financial improvements? Join our culture by applying online using the 'Apply' button.
For more information, you can email our Recruitment Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact the world: our work
Since its founding in 1911, Mars has become a market leader in the global food industry. Bringing the largest confectionary brands to travelers and bringing a smile to every journey; that’s our goal. We are a family; we value our ‘Five Principles’ to guide us in the daily choices we make and the way we do business. They unite us across geographies, languages, cultures and generations. We can make them so much more than just words on a wall. They have stood the test of time and are a bridge into our future.
Trefwoorden: Keywords: Vacancy, Full-time, Veghel, Accountant, Financieel specialist.