Technology, Finance Engineering, Liquidity Risk Tech Developer, Associate, Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Aug 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
Interested in a job now? Have a global impact with Goldman Sachs without moving! Goldman Sachs occupies a state of the art office at the top of the Warsaw Spire. We are hiring people who want to work on interesting challenges with a global impact in the financial sector. We are building a full service office which is a peer of our other global GS offices. You will benefit from working alongside Operations, Finance and HCM divisions all with full ownership for their functions or products. We are hiring for teams using dozens of technologies; Java 8, C++, Hadoop, Scala, Elastic, Kafka, Docker, Linux, both SQL & non SQL DB's to mention a few.
We build a lot; in fact we have 1.5BN lines of code running across a huge infrastructure with 38PB of storage and 550k compute cores. We also give back to the Open Source community (e.g. Eclipse collections) and stay close to the start-up scene. Our people have complete product ownership; identifying requirements, design, coding, testing and deployment. We run a low friction SDLC where you learn from peer code review. You will help us progress toward our goal of continuous build and cloud deployment everywhere.
We care about our work environment and have a casual dress code. We like to run a lean & flat structure where everyone is happy to help out. We love to learn and offer robust training resources, including free access to Pluralsight, Safari books, Harvard Business Review and Egghead training platforms. We run internal MOOC-like curated learning, soft skills education, a women's mentoring program and more.
We have a culture of giving back; last year over 25,000 of our people volunteered on 1,600 community projects across the world. Locally we supported the Warszawa Business Run and IT for SHE Women's Program.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Challenging work - what will you do?
- Forge strong relationships with our key partners, Corporate Treasury, who are responsible for managing the firm's liquidity and mitigating financial risk, both locally in Warsaw and with the global team.
- Work on our existing liquidity risk metrics calculations, primarily built within SecDB and Slang, a bespoke risk management database and programming environment that allows rapid development and iteration. Our technology platform deals with billions of data points every day, across all product classes, to determine the overall liquidity picture for the firm.
- You will work on delivering new functional requirements, as well as enhancing our platform. We are investing in open source distributed technologies such as Spark to create a more scalable architecture with advanced calculation and analytical capabilities.
- Be part of a large community of like-minded technologists in a very flat organisation with a culture that promotes collaboration and teamwork.
- Self-motivation to learn about new technologies and take ownership of developing functionality and solving issues.
- Great communication skills as daily coordination with our global team is essential.
- Send us your CV and join Goldman Sachs!
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.