Technology, Platform Developer, Analyst/Associate, Warsaw
- Warsaw, Mazowieckie, Poland
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 19 Aug 17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
The Workflow Engineering team builds world-class technology solutions for automating all kinds of critical business processes across Goldman Sachs. We manage millions of tasks and business decisions, and run tens of thousands of workflows daily, in order to guarantee that vital business operations run on time.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
JOB SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Design and implement mid to large scale systems management software to automate existing tasks, streamline operations and improve productivity
• Partner with engineering teams to understand technology offerings and how they can be applied to solve business problems
• Engage with application development teams to provide timely end-to-end delivery of appropriate workflow solutions
• Strong programming expertize in Java to an advanced level (with knowledge of the latest Java concurrency, streaming, non-blocking and functional language programming primitives and libraries) is a core requirement.
• Ideal candidates will possess one or more of the following additional areas of expertize:
• Business process modeling and decision modeling (e.g. BPMN 2.0 and DMN 1.1)
• Functional programming (e.g. Scala)
• Reactive systems programming (e.g. Akka)
• Exposure to RDBMS and NoSQL database platforms
• Team player, eager to work in a global organization
• Energy, self-motivation and independence to manage multiple tasks
• Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus to deliver optimal solutions for the business
• Experience building and sustaining long-term relationships with clients and colleagues
• Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues in order to influence objectives and outcomes
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field
• Computer Science skills in one or more of the following considered a plus: machine learning, compilers, formal methods, lambda calculus, hardware engineering, concurrency
• Proven experience with all stages in the lifecycle of large distributed systems: inception, analysis, design, implementation, runtime, maintenance
• Experience managing performance, availability and scale of mid- to large-sized systems
• Knowledge of the Agile practices (pier development, test automation, continuous delivery, and etc.) and familiarity with Scrum method
• Academic or commercial experience developing software for Windows and Linux
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.