Credit Risk Analyst - Qatar
- Competitive + Bonus
- Doha, Dawhah, Qatar
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Sep 16
A large and growing bank in Qatar are currently looking to add an experienced Credit Risk Analyst to their team in order to help strengthen and provide control support in the risk management function in SME and Business Banking
- Examine and review of Credit Applications and Transaction Applications for the portfolio of the bank in line with the credit policies and Central Bank regulations.
- Evaluate risk in every application, and carry out credit risk grading
- Make site inspections and client calls to coordinate with Relationship Management team for discussions with customers on terms of credit as and when warranted
- Work alongside other Analysts and extend support to them when needed
- Assist the Head of Risk in BASEL reporting
Candidates will need good working knowledge of the credit analysis lifecycle and will ideally have reviewed, made recommendations and approved credit proposals for SMEs. Candidates who have a general understanding of BASEL reporting and other risk and financial reporting would be very advantageous given the nature of the role.
The key requirement in candidate’s prior experience lies within Business Banking and SMEs space, as well as the ability to handle straightforward and complex cases. Candidates should possess risk assessment and analytical skills. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are mandatory given the nature of the role.
Prior experience of working within financial statement analysis and business risk is also required.
The client is a leading banking group in the region with big plans for expansion. They offer a great hiring package for their employees, and encourage an innovative and collaborative environment.