AVP - AML / KYC
- Market Competitive
- Permanent, Full time
- Tangspac , EA Licence No: 07C3635
- 21 Sep 16
My client, an established and major asset management organization is seeking an experienced AVP to join the rapidly growing AML governance team. The role will be part of the AML Governance team who oversee all KYC/AML matters affecting the business. The individual will act as an AML Partner for the asset management business and will be required to work closely with Head of AML Governance to identify AML risk and fostering a culture of Compliance within Asset Management.
- Ensure that the AML/KYC program, applicable local Singapore laws and regulatory requirements are duly and effectively implemented in the Company.
- Perform KYC review on new and existing customers (including trigger event) in accordance to the Company’s policy and ensure that the KYC master list is kept up to date;
- Review alerts flagged out by Thomson Reuters Deployed system to determine whether it is a true/false hit;
- Ensure that the alerts are timely reviewed and reported to Head of AML Governance when needed;
- Ensure that the Thomson Reuters master list is kept up to date;
- Perform monthly transaction monitoring to ensure that there are no suspicious transactions. Where needed, assist in Independent review or assist in STR filing
- Assist in the queries from Business Development, AMOps, Group Compliance, etc.
- Assist Head of Department in projects relating to AML/KYC
- Identify issues and able to propose feasible solution relating to AML/KYC to Head of Department
- Recognized university degree with at least five years’ relevant experience in Anti-Money Laundering
- Experience in AML advisory, FATCA and Asset Management will be an advantage
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with colleagues, team and external parties of all levels.