Analyst - Operational Risk - Singapore
- Permanent, Full time
- Nomura Asia
- 23 Sep 16
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
The management of operational risk is a key business priority for Nomura and is vital to the successful delivery of the firm’s strategy. The AeJ operational risk team has responsibility for the development of operational risk management for the region, including:
- Delivering a set of operational risk products and services (framework) to support the business and corporate areas’ management of operational risk
- Developing and refining tools and templates to allow effective collection, review and use of operational risk information
- Working with Operational Risk Co-ordinators across functions to embed an operational risk culture throughout the organisation
In order to support delivery of these priorities, an opportunity exists for an Operational Risk Analyst to:
- Work with the Head of Operational Risk Singapore and SEA across a broad spectrum of Global Markets businesses and functions in Asia ex Japan along with SEA country liaisons.
- Assist with monitoring an effective Operational Risk Strategy for the Asia ex Japan franchise.
- Produce key operational risk reports and develop stakeholder relationships associated with, including Heads of Business / Corporate Management
- Identify, assess, measure and mitigate risks in a transparent and accountable format
- Develop specific aspects of the operational risk framework as required
Key Deliverables of the role will involve the following under the oversight of the Head of Operational Risk Management Singapore and SEA:
- Production of monthly Aggregated Risk Profiles for Global Markets in Asia ex Japan and Country reporting packs for Singapore and SEA
- Review and assist documenting with embedded first line risk and control managers on the adequacy of the risk and control environment through facilitation of Risk and Control Self Assessments, Operational Risk Deep-Dives, Incident Analysis and Key Risk Indicator reporting.
- Assist with identifying key trends, issues and other insights requiring further investigation and following up with the business through challenging assessments and ensuring regional trends are adequately explored
- Assistance with Regulatory, Internal and External Audit questions/requests across Singapore and SEA
- Supporting the on-going development of operational risk practices and framework and be involved in global, regional and local projects
- Form part of the relationship management of Operational Risk with relevant Global Markets and other businesses across AeJ
- Perform other ad-hoc tasks as requested
- Have 1 to 3 years’ experience in financial services institutions, preferably in a risk or control related function. Knowledge on ORM frameworks will be preferred
- Knowledge of the Financial Markets industry will be preferred
- Good analytical skills and ability to articulate issues in terms of risk to the organisation will be preferred
- Have good written / verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to establish high levels of credibility with stakeholders
- Display an understanding of key business priorities
- Display a proactive approach to operational risk management
- Willingness to be “hands on” in achieving department objectives in a timely manner
Regional Disclaimers / Diversity Statement
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.