Associate - Private Banking and Wealth Management Operations
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 04 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
The job holder is responsible for processing of approved loan applications in line with committed service levels and policies.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist Manager, Wealth Management Operations to fulfil processing operations for the Singapore Business to a high level of accuracy, integrity and completeness. Ensure Quality and Timeliness of Service Delivery - TAT and accuracy
- Handle the processing of approved loans and provide oversight in activities performed by outsourced partners
- Compute loans limits for Priority Plus non-leveraged portfolios
- Perform Marked-To-Market updates for Wealth products in monitoring of loan portfolios
- Ensure compliance with Group Policy and Standards, local laws and regulations and controls and procedures of the Bank
- Ensure service standards are met to facilitate smooth transfer of proceedings relating to drawdown
- Liaise with branch managers/PFCs regarding customer's enquires/complaints and to solve complicated enquires from customers.
- To provide clarification to processing Hub, Channels and Relationship Managers on operational issues
- Perform analytical support relating to credit operations such as collation of productivity statistics
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma/Tertiary education with working experience in banking operations, retail banking products and processes
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interface credibly with internal and external parties.
- Keen sense of risks and operational controls to quickly respond to issues and changes in the business or operating environment
- Previous experience in Credit Operation, Process Management or Wealth Operations will be advantageous
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.