Associate, Operations Support
Associate, Operations SupportWestern Union Careers: Work That Makes A Difference
At Western Union, you can build a career doing work that makes a difference! We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. Watch our recruiting video to get introduced to WU, and visit westernunion.com/careers to learn more!
Opportunities for Associate, Operations Support
Western Union Business Solutions Hong Kong (WUBSHK) is in an exciting growth phase following the addition of new and highly innovative products to the business market. Leveraging a history of growth and success, WUBSHK has created a new team focusing on acquisition of corporations using world leading payment products and a portfolio of hedging solutions.
Western Union Business Solutions is part of The Western Union Company, a NYSE-traded, Fortune 500 Company. We are disrupting the cross-border money transfer industry by developing new technologies and partnerships. We currently service over 100,000 business clients around the world and process more than $35 billion payments annually to more than 1 million beneficiaries.
As the Associate, Operations Support , you need to process a high volume of transactions in a timely and accurate manner before the daily cut-off time. You need to establish the skill and knowledge to use all the order processing systems and show the ability to communicate, problems solving with internal and external customer's enquiry and complaint.
You need to ensure dual control and comply with Audit control to the daily work processing. You also need to ensure and monitor all the junior staff to meet pre-set target, operation control and procedures. You also need to ensure the junior staff to meet the pre-set SLA and proactively report the junior staff performance to the Supervisor.
In addition, you will:
- Be responsible for monitoring day to day workflow within the team
- Collect and recommend ideas that improves departmental processes.
- Ensure all transactions are processed accurately and before cut off time and in accordance with departmental and / or individual targets.
- Ensure that the needs / requirements of the business and the customer are met.
- Help and solve junior staff in daily work problems and enquiry.
- Ensure junior staff to follow all the existing workflow and procedures.
- Ensure dual control and comply with the audit control to the daily order processing.
- Set good examples to all team members and always take initiatives.
- Ensure the junior staff can meet the pre-set SLA and any other pre-set targets.
- Ensure that all the exchange rate calculation, quoting and deals input are fast and accurate and with proper record for future audit checking.
- Ensure that the banknotes receiving or delivering through Security company with proper documentation and arrangement.
- Have dual control on banknotes and third-party cheques when exceed the pre-set amount limit.
- Ensure checking the credit limit for each client before committing the final payment date.
- Run the day end reports to make sure the physical checking of banknotes and third party cheques amount are the same.
- Maintain and develop positive and effective relationships with all departments.
- Communicate effectively at all levels and across all departments.
- Assist Supervisor to work on ad hoc projects assigned by line Manager.
- Be a backup Supervisor to other staff if necessary.
You will have at least an F.5 qualification or above with at least 3 - 5 years of working experience within the banking industry. You have experience in doing teller transactions as a personal banker and have and exposure in doing foreign exchange transactions on a daily basis with stellar customer service skills.
Your good interpersonal skills and good working relationship with others along with a team building exposure will be very well regarded for this post. You have excellent English communication skills both written and verbal. Your ability to speak in Cantonese and Mandarin is essential to succeed in this role as well.
You have that demonstrated ability to manage client relationships and ability to development and consistently follow up techniques. You are well versed in MS Office particularly in MS Excel. Lastly, you have a high degree of self-motivation and an ability to work initially and effectively in a fast paced team environment.
What we offer
Ongoing learning and career development opportunities with the ability to be involved in process improvements, initiatives and project work.
A dynamic working environment, opportunities to work with a world class global team, while same time with the high level of autonomy on ways of doing things.
An attractive salary package comprises with fixed basic and a comprehensive benefits package.
As a member of our team you will be also be involved in our global employee recognition program.
We really want to hear from you, even if it's just to ask some questions about this job or have a chat in confidence.
Contact Carlo our internal recruiter on Carlo.Baldonido@WesternUnion.com or click the apply button above. We're looking forward to meeting you.