Business Analyst, Process Automation & Efficiency
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 02 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Process Automation and Efficiency is a specialized team focusing on automating the reporting aspects of Risk Operations. We deliver an in-house built reporting tool. Our team comprises of developers and business analysts. This role sits within the business analyst section working with the business users to on-board them into our reporting solution. This role is a bridge between our business users and the developers.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Be a delivery oriented person, ensuring project timelines are met without compromising project priorities and quality.
- Take ownership and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation to gather & document requirements, conduct feasibility studies, and prioritise requirements in a timely manner using in house workflows.
- Design automated reports & dashboards using in-house solutions, databases and Tableau.
- Provide ongoing support to users by assisting them in UAT planning & testing as well as pre & post go-live activities.
- Identify and implement improvement opportunities / efficiencies in current processes for the purposes of efficiency saves or remove potential risks / issues.
- Assist with the necessary training of users. Prepare User Guides, FAQs, and info sharing sessions.
Qualifications and Skills
Knowledge and skills
- Candidate must be proactive, well organised, quality and result driven. Have strong interpersonal skills and strong communication skills in written and verbal English.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, and must be able to deliver in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to explain issues in business and technical context to stakeholders.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor as well as part of a project group across various lines of businesses, operations, and technology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of financial markets experience supporting in either global or regional environment in application / product development, and / or systems integration.
- Ability to interpret current business & technology landscape and propose future landscape which satisfies regulatory requirements, business & technology requirements.
- Extensive experience in documenting business processes, business / software product requirements and test scripts.
- Strong knowledge in SQL.
- Must have a solid understanding of workflows and relational database concepts.
- Knowledge in Tableau (or any BI tool) can be an added advantage.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.