Business Project Manager, Market Risk Management
Business Project Manager, Market Risk ManagementThe incumbent will be responsible for all MRM and MRM/ALM related project activities as a role of Business Project Manager as articulated below but not limited to:
• Bring strong planning and process skills to the team and will have management accountability for the definition and execution of the project plans including project initiation, planning, execution, controlling and closing out the project
• Lead MRM Business Users in User Requirements,test case planning, test case execution and assist in issue resolution related to user testing of market risk measures/sensitivities, Value at Risk, MX 3.1 Migration, Revised Standardized Approach , Liqudity Reporting, LCR/NSFR and BCBS 239 implementations related planning.
• Functional expert in the domain of market risk with knowledge of treasury products/instruments.
Complementing the responsibilities below, the incumbent is charged with maintaining a high level of awareness of developments in the Treasury business, leading the team members and MRM Business Specialists in ensuring that OCBC's valuation, risk measurement, Liquidity Reporting, monitoring and control practices attain a consistently high standard. Within this framework the incumbent is responsible for the following activities:
• Responsible for the definition and execution of the project plans including project initiation, planning, execution and controls.
• Manage project dependencies, teams and stake holder relationships as it relates to the project and ensure timely and effective communication with the project team and with the project stakeholders
• Adhere to and promote appropriate project management lifecycle methodologies within MRM.
• Deliver and manage MRM/ALM sponsored projects and provide overall Project Management and/or Business Analyst expertise within MRM.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Possess at least 8 years of Market Risk/Treasury functional Business Analyst experience with about 5 years of project management experience in Market Risk and/or Treasury Front Office.
• Strong Market Risk Domain Knowledge that includes Fixed Income, FX and Money Market, Credit Derivatives and/or Equity Derivatives is an asset.
• Prior knowledge of Murex 3.1 and exposure to Revised Standardized Approach and BCBS239 implementations will be an added advantage.
• Exposure to Asset Liability Management, Liquidity Reporting, and LCR/NSFR implementations is preferred.
• Participate and lead the project user acceptance testing, project design, solution and deployment.
• Participate and lead the market risk user tasks with ability to reconcile differences from system conversion and identify the cause of reconciliation differences.
• Ability to plan and review user acceptance test cases and user requirement specifications.
• A graduate degree in finance is preferred.
• Prior experience with SDLC and PMLC methodologies.
• Extensive computer skills in all MS Office applications, including MS Project Plan, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, negotiation and mediation skills
• Strong organization skills; capable of operating independently with minimal direction
• Well-developed organization / time management skills.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and escalate issues appropriately and timely basis.
• Analytic/Systematic Thinker: takes a well-ordered and logical approach to analyzing problems, organizing work and planning action resulting in decisive solutions with an ability to articulate the decision.
• Results Oriented: strives to achieve high levels of individual and organizational performance, with an ability to set priorities and manage conflicting and changing priorities.
• Conceptual Thinker: identifies and sees the relationships among key issues while understanding the 'big picture' and able to clarify complex data and/or situations.
• Team Builder/Player: creates an environment to sustain highly motivated groups working to achieve common objectives in line with the Bank's and Risk Management's vision.
• Relationship Builder: develops and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stake holders.
• Pro-active, fast learner and progressive imagination and can think outside the box.
• Maturity, knowledge, facilitation and negotiation skills coupled with strong interpersonal and communication abilities, which inspire immediate credibility to build long-standing consultative relationships with the business and in the industry.
• Teamwork & Partnering.
Reports to: Head, Projects and Initiatives, Risk Infrastructure, MRM