Business Risk Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse Asia
- 29 Sep 16
Business Risk Manager
Credit Suisse Company Overview Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients-and to help our employees grow. It is a high priority for us to continually invest in our employees by providing ongoing opportunities for training, networking and mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
An interesting role in the Location First Line of Defense Support team (former LBRM), situated under the roof of PB COO, which acts to strengthen and optimize the bank's risk and control framework as well as to ensure compliance of all Singapore booking platform operational activities with the respective local and offshore regulations by providing support to the Front Office organization on all risk and control related matters. The role includes the following core tasks and involvements:
- You are partnering with Client Facing Employees and other key stakeholders and act as a risk, control and procedure subject matter expert on various topic (such as Investment Suitability, Cross Border, AML, Anti-Fraud etc) providing expertise and advice from front to back.
- You are supporting Front Office Management by providing expertise and by conducting supervisory controls as well as thematic reviews owned by the business.
- You are driving process improvements through effective risk management based on root cause analysis and risk awareness
- You are representing the location FLDS team on risk and control related issues in meetings with department internal and external stakeholders.
- You are providing support in identifying and assessing key operational and business-related risks across the PB Singapore platform and where relevant, recommend solutions to manage, mitigate and monitor the key risks identified.
- You are providing support on location risk reporting and risk/audit related items as well as on running the monthly Risk Management Committee meeting for the Singapore location.
- You are providing support to FO and other stakeholders during audits and department external reviews recommending solutions to address gaps identified and tracking and monitoring the closure of audit points
- You are representing the LCOO/FLDS team in projects and initiatives to ensure business risk are being addressed adequately.
- Competent learner with at least 6 years of experience in a risk/control or related function in the Financial Industry or Consulting
- Confident personality with experience in business and operational risk issues and control matters
- Team player skills and a positive can-do attitude
- Client and service orientation, enthusiasm and flair to deal with people
- Effective communication and people skills and ability to liaise with senior Front Office as well as other stakeholders
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, to excel under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Effective organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize
- Private Banking background is an advantage, but not mandatory (subject to the overall skills of the candidate)
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.