Business Validation Analyst
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 14 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
At Standard Chartered, emerging markets are the places we call home. For over 150 years we've been banking the people and businesses contributing to growth in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. With more than 90,000+ employees representing 133 nationalities, everything we do is founded in our brand promise of being Here for good.
Financial crime is the most profitable industry in the world. It's funding terrorist activities and fuelling drug epidemics world-wide, supporting slavery and proliferating weapons of mass destruction. It affects all of us. We are committed to helping the communities we call home overcome the repercussions of financial crime. So they can continue to emerge and grow sustainably. We believe that together we can lead the way in the fight against financial crime. That's our vision.
Working with us is a unique experience that's defined by the people who work here together. At Standard Chartered, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside some of the most brilliant minds in the industry, led by a world-class team, driven by the collective purpose of fighting financial crime.
The role forms part of a project ("Project Panther") tasked with delivering financial crime intelligence at various levels in respect of SCB's Correspondent Banking "CB" client portfolio. This specific role is required to perform validation of the data outputs from statistical analysis in order to develop risk insights in to the CB portfolio. The role holder will become a fundamental part in the delivery of the outcomes of Project Panther which is directly connected to SCB's regulatory commitments of the Bank.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Form an understanding of the SCB data environment and the requirements of Project Panther.
- Understand and aid definition of the data analysis (largely conducted in SAS) required in order to achieve project objectives.
- Design a data validation process which performs error checks on the data output to ensure the extraction and coding processes have been performed accurately.
- Review analytical output against those objectives to ensure delivery is in line with requirements.
- Provide feedback to the FCC Data Analytics team on analytics refinement.
- Make recommendations on future areas (e.g. specific regions, countries, clients) of focus using a risk based approach.
- Define next steps on these issues in collaboration with the Business and CB FCC.
- Supports efforts to position the Client Risk Identification team as an industry leader in the eyes of regulators and industry stakeholders.
- Establishes strong working relationship with key stakeholders across the bank in particular, the Business, FCC and CDD.
- Work effectively as part of one team alongside individuals from a number of parts of the Bank and multiple locations.
- Strategic thinker; ability to focus on the bigger picture
- FCC network across countries, regions, the businesses and the Group.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Qualifications and Skills
Because we have a big vision, there's a lot to do. We need people who are comfortable with the unknown and passionate about building something for the long term. If impact is your ultimate goal then there never was a better time to join us because the work that you do will influence the direction that we take.
- Degree-level education
- At least 5 years experience working in FCC in a financial institution.
- Comfort with "big data" and an understanding of the capabilities of analytics software packages such as SAS, ideally in connection to financial crime prevention and detection.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders. Ability to influence senior staff and teams in offshore shared services
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to work.
- Focused, organised, results-oriented and works independently to strict timeframes
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to manage stakeholders across bank's network
- A self-starter who can work to tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Experience in FCC in respect of correspondent banking clients and products
- Experience in data analytics, preferably connected to FCC
1.0: Execute Compliance Governance, Frameworks and Models
1.1: Partner with the business to make decisions based on the knowledge and interpretation of current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information of financial crime
2.0: Advise on Sanctions / AML / ABC
2.1: Analyse regulatory impact of AML/ABC matters on the bank's business and its operations
3.0: Implement Identification, Monitoring, Testing, and Reporting
3.1: Implement FCC/sanctions/AML/ABC risks identification and assessment and advise business on the findings
4.0: Manage and Mitigate Risks
4.1: Implement and follow up on strong recommendations to address high risk situations (such as dropping a long standing client/product line/country)
4.2: Review system safeguards and recommend process enhancements