- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 01 Sep 17
C++ Software Engineer
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.FM eTrading has defined an exciting strategy and aggressive multi-year product roadmap. The Financial Markets eTrading system development team is a specialist team of individuals hired to design, develop and enhance proprietary systems that will differentiate the bank in its core markets. eTrading systems are aimed at numerous customer markets including: external customers via the internet, sophisticated customers via API/point-to-point connectivity, internal users trading on behalf of customers around the globe and finally connectivity into multi-dealer platforms.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part a large multi-asset eTrading trading system development team that is distributed between Singapore and London and a chance to boost your career in the FinTech domain.
A successful candidate is expected to, with the support of the Team:
* Design, build and implement low latency systems in our eTrading platform.
* Work with teams spread across infrastructure, product development, support, test, and the front office
* Participate in eTrading product requirements gathering
* Participate in the development of all aspects of product delivery including design documents, functional specifications, and component build
* Make contributions to the evolving architecture;
Qualifications and Skills
RESPONSIBILITIES / DELIVERABLES:
* Take responsibility for the system component design and build
* Ensure developed code is fully tested through automated unit tests
* Build relationships with key stakeholders
* Adhere to SCB development practices
* Manage application support handover to global teams
* Maintain and enhance the code base after project go-live
* Build relationships with fellow developments managers inside/outside FM, Infrastructure units etc.
* Advocate delivery excellence, ensuring application release quality
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
* Good problem solving skills
* Solid understanding of computer science concepts (algorithms and data structures, object-oriented design)
* Understanding of relational database design and querying concepts
* Strong desire to learn design and architecture of large enterprise financial IT systems
* Interest in developing in C++ for low-latency, high throughput, high availability trading applications
* Good communication skills
* Good team player
Desirable, but not essential, as training will be given:
* Knowledge of Linux/Unix systems
* Understanding of automated testing and continuous integration
* Basic understanding of financial markets and Forex concepts
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.