Commodities Market Risk Management
- Competitive Remuneration Package
- Permanent, Full time
- Allegis Group. , EA Licence No: 10C4544.
- 07 Sep 16
One of the world’s leading innovators in materials science is looking for business savvy individuals to join their Supply Management Services Company. The organization is driving the value delivery by enabling, accelerating, and amplifying supply chain excellence programs and best practices.
This role is responsible for developing and managing the organization, processes and tools to optimize NPAT by leveraging currency and commodity dynamics, working closely with treasury to link purchasing decisions with treasury operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide direction to the regional teams on the assigned categories for Asia.
- Manage organization/processes/tools to monitor short-term and long-term commodity market changes and recommend actions to category managers and service owners.
- Manage organization/processes/tools to monitor short-term and long-term currency market changes and recommend actions to category managers and service owners.
- Quantify the impact of macro-economic trends and recommend actions
- Evaluate/optimize currencies for purchase based upon market trends as well as Corning currency requirements.
- Manage third parties providing commodity and currency market information.
- Partner with Treasury to recommend and execute commodity and currency optimization strategies, including hedging.
- Partner with Finance, Treasury and Tax to evaluate and deploy optimal economic structures and/or entities, including business principals.
- Coordinate short-term and long-term strategies to improve commodity and currency optimization
- Communicates with category managers, service owners and Global Supply Management leadership.
- Escalates decisions and unresolved issues to appropriate parties.
- Supervises direct reports, as required.
- Champions and advocates for the Global Buying Policy.
- Ensures compliance.
Other requirements include:
- B.S degree in economics or business discipline, with a MBA
- Experienced in - Commodity market analysis, Currency market analysis, Treasury operations, Financial and material hedging
- Strong communication – Effective one on one and team communication and the ability to deal with senior management
- Experienced in managing conflicts
- Creative and flexible: adapts well to changing circumstances; suggest ways to improve processes
- Cross-cultural resourcefulness
- Matrix team leadership
Interested candidates can either forward their CVs in MS Word Format to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference JG/442296/JL or contact Joyce Goh in our Singapore office at +65 6511 8557 for a preliminary and confidential discussion.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Allegis Group Singapore Pte Ltd, Company Reg No. 200909448N, EA Licence No. 10C4544