Compliance Manager, Yangon Branch
Compliance Manager, Yangon BranchJob Purposes:
To manage the compliance risk of the branch. This would include role as:-
- Branch Compliance Officer;
- Branch AML/CFT and STR Officer;
- Functional Specialist (Compliance) for branch new product approval process and key business initiatives;
- Active member of Branch Management Committee, Operational Risk Forum, ALCO and other committee set-up to ensure smooth operations of the branch
- Be the main officer in-charge of managing compliance risk of the Branch.
- Central point of contact for communication on regulatory compliance, AML/CFT and Sanctions compliance between the Branch and Head Office ("HO") and local regulatory bodies including Central Bank of Myanmar & maintain records of all key correspondences with regulators.
- Acts as the designated AML/CFT and STR Officer of the Branch and to file the relevant reports as necessary and in a timely manner to local regulatory bodies and HO.
- Provide advice to the Branch & HO staff on all regulatory issues and communicate timely on relevant new rules/regulations and their potential impact on the Bank's businesses.
- Submit all compliance related reports to internal & external parties within stipulated timelines.
- Maintain/update regularly the compliance matrix and RRSA as part of compliance monitoring tool.
- Perform compliance testing/assurance to mitigate the Branch's compliance and regulatory risks.
- Promote compliance awareness of Branch's staff and to conduct relevant compliance & AML/CFT training as appropriate.
- Set out Annual Compliance Plan and tasks to be completed within timeline.
- To offer compliance advice to staff within the Branch, Head Office and the Bank's network upon request.
- To provide necessary support in meeting customer's requests for assistance/ information as appropriate.
- Liaison with Head office/Bank's network, Central Bank of Myanmar, government agencies and regulatory authorities as appropriate.
- Possess a university degree with r elevant compliance experience within the financial industry
- Strong familiarity with local compliance regulations
- Good understanding of banking products and services
- Proficiency in spoken/written English and local Myanmar language would be an added advantage
The jobholder must have the following attributes/ personality:
- Strong Compliance knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good competency in local compliance matters
- Good communication and inter-personal skills
- Team player
- The position will be based in Myanmar, Yangon