Compliance Officer, Regulatory Management
Are you risk averse? Do you know how to maintain independence and objectivity? We are looking for someone like that who can:
– provide compliance support on Singapore regulatory matters to the branch
– act as a compliance and operational risk control subject-matter expert for the branch, supporting them in managing risk
– perform second-line-of-defense activities in relation to consequential risks ensure risk frameworks are designed well and operating effectively
– deliver independent risk assessment and reports that shed light on our risk profile
– provide business management with controls, tools, training, frameworks , information and insights required to manage risk
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the Regulatory Management team in Singapore. We provide compliance support on Singapore regulatory matters to the various business with the firm. We help to manage the regulatory relationship with Singapore regulatory authorities, coordinate regulatory requests and inspections with cross divisional coverage. The team acts as the main contact point for all formal regulatory requests for Singapore. The team is also responsible for monitoring regulatory changes/development and ensuring ownership within divisional and central C&ORC teams for engaging relevant stakeholders in relation to such changes/ development. The team reports into the Head of Singapore Compliance and will work closely with the divisional compliance teams in Investment Banking, Wealth Management and Asset Management as well as other central compliance teams.
Your experience and skills
– some relevant work experience either within legal, compliance, regulatory or audit experience is an advantage
– good knowledge of local regulatory requirements
– sound drafting/record keeping skills and attention to details and ability to follow through
– technological proficiency or inclination, including Excel is an advantage
– strong communication and engagement skills, confident and ability to influence and deal with potentially contentious issues
– analytic, with the ability to provide practical solutions for minimizing risk
– result-oriented and assertive (you don't shy away from challenging situations)
– fluent in English
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.