Compliance Senior Consultant
- Permanent, Full time
- Lawson Conner.
- 13 Sep 16
Lawson Conner UK is one of the leading investment manager platforms and compliance service providers for the asset management and financial advisory industries. We provide ongoing support to over 200 clients. Our clients are of institutional nature and range from specialised hedge fund managers to large asset management firms with well-established track records who utilise a broad array of investment strategies such as: long only, long/short equities, global macro, credit, distressed, fixed income, private equity, venture capital, real estate-related and fund of fund strategies.
Based in the Singapore office, the Senior Compliance Consultant will work closely with the Managing Directors to define and deliver fund management and compliance solutions to local clients, support client origination work and co-ordinate specific compliance deliverables via the core-teams based in the London offices.
- Support Managing Director with client pitches to a local Singaporean client base
- Co-ordinate service delivery provided by staff in the London office
- Act as the delivery interface to the local client
- Collate compliance issues and articulate solutions for discussion with the wider team
- Plan and co-ordinate execution of a variety of compliance projects for clients
- Complete various client facing tasks, office visits and file reviews
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelors degree (Law or Business preferred) or similar
Experience & Generic Skills:
- Effective client skills (verbal written and interpersonal communication skills)
- Strong listening and presentation skills necessary to understand, communicate with, and persuade a wide range of audiences
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience of working in a compliance environment with a good understanding of the financial services industry
- Attention to detail: must be able to perform all work consistently to a high level of quality
- Time Management, Planning & organising: organises and plans effectively
- Problem Solving: demonstrates an ability to solve problems in a rational manner
This role will provide the successful candidate with an outstanding opportunity to further develop their career in compliance and participate in the rapid expansion of a fast growing company.