Country Compliance Adviser, Regulatory Compliance
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 05 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
- To support Head, Regulatory Compliance in ensuring functional units are operating within prevailing laws, regulations and Group procedures, and that associated control effort is proportionate to risk.
- To provide independent assurance of compliance to internal and external obligations through a coordinated programme of Compliance Reviews and Monitoring
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Regulatory Relationship Management
- Responsible for ensuring the Bank is properly prepared for Regulatory inspections
- Supporting Head, Regulatory Compliance, develop and maintain excellent relationships with regulatory bodies through the execution of a structured regulatory relationship plan.
Regulatory and Product Risk Management
- Provides stakeholders with the advice necessary to ensure that the Bank and its subsidiaries operate in accordance with relevant local requirements and standards of the regulatory system, Group standards, and the code of conduct so as to protect and enhance the reputation of the Bank.
- Ensures product level compliance with laws and regulations and Group policies through a detailed understanding of local regulatory requirements and close coordination with Country Business Compliance Advisers and Group product specialists.
- Sets and maintains standards of compliance risk management through an effective process of risk identification, assessment, mitigation.
- Provides assurance of compliance to key obligations through the delivery of a comprehensive risk-based Compliance Review and Monitoring programme.
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to ensure that the Country Compliance function's objectives and priorities are aligned with business direction and that compliance risks are considered throughout the product life-cycle.