Custody & Clearing MMD Project Lead
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 05 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
Custody & Clearing and Corporate Agency & Trust Operations is a team of approx 900 staff across 34 locations. Together with Fund Services, it is the core service provider to the clients of Transaction Banking, Securities Services and Corporate Agency & Trust ("TB SSCAT").
Standard Chartered Bank ("SCB") ITO has defined an overall Target Operating Model ("TOM") and a 3 year roadmap to transform and align activities in line with the TOM. This includes automation, processing efficiency, vendor strategy and the further build out our Global Shared Services Centres ("GSSC") - "Hubbing" of common activities into centres of processing excellence under the project name "MMD".
This role will be responsible for execution of the Custody & Clearing Operations TOM.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- detailed understanding of the services we provide our clients and the current processing environment - process lifecycle, headcount by location & function, costs, technology, client services, control points
- tracking & reporting of the operational headcount & costs
- definition of detailed project plans to drive operating excellence in line with the TOM - deliverables, timelines, durations, risks, dependencies, resourcing needs, costs
- driving high quality, on-time, on-budget execution of these plans
- represent Custody & Clearing Operations within the ITO MMD programme
- stakeholder management & reporting
- understand data flows & process lifecycles to identify opportunities for improved efficiency, scalability, control & service levels
- working with the MMD programme, ensure all Compliance approvals are in place for the transition of functions to our GSSC Hubs
- ensure SCB Control requirements are factored into the transition plans & future process model
- working with Global & GSSC management, definition of plans & investment required to develop GSSC capability
- definition & implementation of the management oversight model, including roles & responsibilities and MIS/reporting requirements for BAU management
- definition & implementation of the interaction / communication protocols between each of the markets & the processing hubs
- key senior member of the Custody & Clearing Operations leadership team
- build strong working relationships with all stakeholders, including a collaborative environment in which this function acts as a key enabler to help others achieve their objectives
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or other relevant field
- Project Management certification is an advantage
- Lean / SixSigma certification or equivalent is an advantage
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience, ideally with large global banks
- Banking Operations experience of managing teams, processes & change
- Securities / custody experience
- Direct experience in design & implementation of process efficiency
- Experience in delivering major change projects, including all project governance disciplines
- Experience with offshoring / creation & management of processing hubs
- Strong regulatory and control understanding, including how to embed compliance in process design
- Very strong project management & organisational skills - proven experience in developing detailed plans and the co-ordination of many dependencies and priorities in a complex, large-scale deployment environment.
- Ability to identify project risks and dependencies before they become issues, drive mitigation solutions and escalate clearly where key senior management decisions required.
- Strong analytical ability - understand the story behind numbers, develop plans & manage accordingly.
- Ability to understand a data flow / process lifecycle and identify wastage & opportunities for automation.
- Creative thinker - ability to analyze issues and develop innovative solutions.
- Influencing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage a diverse stakeholder community.
- Ability to work across multiple corporate grades, cultures, experience levels - & create a collaborative environment in which we work together to achieve our objectives.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.