Custody & Clearing Operations, International Custody Lead
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 03 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
Custody & Clearing and Corporate Agency & Trust ('CC-CAT') Operations is a team of approx 900 staff across 34 locations. Together with Fund Services, it is the core service provider to the clients of Transaction Banking, Securities Services and Corporate Agency & Trust ('TB SSCAT')
The International Custody Operations Lead is responsible for end-to-end Custody Operations globally as it relates to global custody services, process flows & controls. This includes oversight of daily operations and the development and execution of the target operating model covering group, countries and hubs as it relates to International Custody. They work closely with TB Product, Technology & Control teams to implement the target architecture, processes and controls.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- In depth understanding of the Custody client base and cross border custody services.
- Design effective & efficient service models to meet Client / Business requirements, in partnership with TB SS-CAT Product.
- Detailed understanding of the current process environment to identify opportunities for improved efficiency, scalability, control & service levels.
- Regularly perform deep dive reviews of the process to identify risks and dependencies before they become issues, drive solutions and ensure regular communication upwards to senior management.
- Apply insight into industry best practice & developing trends to the advancement of our service offering.
- Partnership with the Securities Operations Change Management function to define detailed project plans to deliver to the target operating model.
- Represent on relevant governance forums as they relate to cross border custody.
Client Delivery / Processes
- Own the global process standards & governance of any deviations.
- Update and ensure compliance on all process documents - Department Operating Instructions ('DOIs'), Operational Risk Framework ('ORF'), process maps, capacity based metric
- Develop and maintain a communication stream to update on all operational matters to senior Management.
- Tracking and reporting on all Operational issues until completion
- Ensure efficiency & effectiveness of service delivery to our Clients in accordance with client SLAs, in compliance with all regulations and internal policy requirements.
- Indirect oversight of the teams located in GSSC (hubs) and Country Operations supporting international custody flows.
- Develop Key Performance & Risk based metrics to demonstrate effective governance and oversight of all processes.
- Using capacity based modeling to highlight effectiveness of managing resources and demand for resources.
- Together with Network Management, liaise with third party Custodians with regards to quality of service.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Work in close collaboration with all partner functions for the benefit of our Clients, our staff and the SCB franchise.
- Working with Global, Regional, Country & GSSC Operations management, definition of plans & investment required to develop Custody Operations capability
- Key senior member of the Custody & Clearing Operations leadership team
- Build strong working relationships with all stakeholders, including a collaborative environment in which this function acts as a key enabler to help others achieve their objectives