- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 16 Aug 17
Developer- FM Derivatives Pricing
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.The Derivatives Pricing team is responsible for cross-product transactional pricing of derivatives within Standard Chartered. The development team is driven to provide world class technology to support the bank's Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the domain, a scientific approach, and innovative solutions to bear on the challenges of best servicing our customers in a highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to join an organization working with smart technologists globally in the financial markets domain. The culture in the team is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful and career advancement is always waiting for those high-energized talents willing and able to step up.As a developer, you'll be responsible for delivering quality software to tight timelines. Based in Singapore and working in a dynamic global team with other technologists, business analysts, project managers and business stakeholders across multiple locations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* An excellent developer with good software design principles and the ability to write robust code and accompanying test suites * Ability to design and build smart, scalable solutions to tight deadlines* Ability to write efficient, clear code and be able to articulate what has been implemented and why* Experience working in an agile development environment * Self-starter who can drive/facilitate requirements and development effort * Take ownership and responsibility for the full development lifecycle * A team player, capable of engaging with other teams in Technology * Experience in the end-to-end design, development and support of financial markets systems * Ability to work and liaise directly with the Front Office, Middle Office, Product Control and various risk functions* Provide second line support* Familiarity or experience in micro-services and container technologies (preferably Docker)* Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps* Any experience in distributed data stores a plus* Functional programming experience a plus
Qualifications and Skills
Technical skills:* 5+ years hands on development with investment banking IT experience* Core Java (essential) * Ability to develop latency sensitive systems* Agile development* Development experience on functional language, such as Haskell, is a plus.* Any experience with NoSql/Spark could be advantageous (depending on the role)* Experience with git and Atlassian toolsetFunctional skills:* Financial Market domain knowledge* Investment banking is a strong plus* Derivatives business is a plusSoft skills:* Fluent in English (speaking and writing)* Outstanding problem solving skills* Proactive, self starter, autonomous* Good team spirit* Ability to work under pressure with multiple assignmentsGeneral:* Strong architectural and engineering background with experience of delivery.* Strong Java skills* Strong knowledge and previous experience in end-to-end design, development and subsequent support of large scale data processing systems* Familiarity and confidence working in an agile development environment.* Someone who can drive / facilitate the requirements and development effort with the business.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.