External Validation and FMO Business Manager, FM Operations
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 21 Dec 16
Please view Job Description for details.
The role is a senior business manager for both Financial Markets Operations as a business and FM Operations External Validation as business function within FM Operations. The role will work directly for the Global Head of FM Operations and partner with the Global Head of External Validation and the extended FM Operations leadership team in an extended capacity.
Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) Information Technology & Operations (ITO) has a dedicated Financial Market Operations which supports the market clients and products within Corporate & Institutional Banking (C&IB). FM Operations has responsibility for the execution, control and continuous improvement of processes to support our Products & Clients. FMO has 3 distinct functions - Product Management, Regional/Country oversight and Processing Functions (Service Providers). This role has oversight for all Financial Markets Operations.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Will be the primary Operations engagement point for Business Management for FM Operations, focusing on Strategy, Governance and Cost management.
- Review the performance of the current captive Functional Services teams aligned to Service Level Agreements; assess the feasibility alternative service providers and vendors in relation to the FMO operating model.
- Increase the relevance of SCB at appropriate industry and regulatory forums. This role will represent SCB at various industry and regulatory working groups. This leadership role will ensure key topics and themes are cascaded in a structured manner throughout the organisation and ensure SCB adopts best practice and are actively engaged in industry discussion.
- Ensure processing is done in conformance within internal policies & procedures, external laws & regulations including Anti Money Laundering Procedures, Economic Sanctions & Fraud etc.
- Collaborate with Head, External Validation to simplify and standardize processes to build scale. Improve automation through rollout of system (External Validation, Shape and CDU) enhancements.
- Optimise existing business processes leveraging the Industrialisation toolkit to create a consistent and systematic method of review
- Ensure timely and appropriate coordination, submission and tracking of all Defects that arise within the processing model. Understand the relative prioritisation and ensure the severity and importance of each Defect is correctly catalogued.
- Constantly seek opportunities for E2E STP across the FM system estate
- Working closely with FM technology to determine our target technology for External Validation. The initial aim will be to consolidate the multi-platform model onto a single common workflow and generation tool kit to allow standard business processes.
- Formalise and agree the target operating model for External Validation including the completion of Process mapping, Control Models, Department Operating Instructions, Capacity Modelling, Capability assessment for organisation design through the Formalisation Functional lead.
- Work collaboratively with our legal function, highlighting changes in industry practice, sourcing timely and appropriate opinions on legal documentation required to correctly represent the transaction to our market counterparts
- Assess toolkits available within the market and the applicability for the future processing state of External validation.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development, ensure that service providers are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Developing Key Performance & Risk based metrics which enable internal clients
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
- Balance business performance delivery and cost management with risk and control matters to ensure that it does not materially threaten the Group remaining within risk appetite
- Provide key performance metrics to ensure clear visibility of performance targets.
- Work closely with Audit and Operational Risk on validating Process Design, and demonstrating effective measurement of business processes
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
Qualifications and Skills
Market Knowledge : Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the firm operate. Excellent knowledge of Financial Market Product, Processes and Systems (FX, Rates, Credit, Commodities, Derivatives and Murex) and the end to end business processes for client confirmations inbound and outbound and working knowledge of 3 rd party vendors such as eClerx.
Business Strategy and Model : Awareness and understanding of the firm's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
Risk Management and Control : The ability to identify, assess, monitor, control and mitigate risks to the firm. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the firm and the role the individual plays in managing them
Financial Analysis and Control : The ability to interpret the firm's financial information, identify key issues based on this information and put in place appropriate controls and measures
Governance, Oversight and Controls : The ability to assess the effectiveness of the firm's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
Process Management : In depth knowledge of process management. Minimum experience of 10+ years in FM Operations
Operations Risk Management : Complete understanding of risks associated with operational processing, Client Static, Client On boarding (i.e. Due Diligence), Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions processing
Capacity Planning : Ability to create adequate resource planning & manage capacity
Stakeholder Management : Capable individual with good interpersonal & networking skills
People Management : Ability to manage large diversified workforce with high level of engagement
Outsourcing : Demonstrable knowledge on implementing best practise for the oversight and management of 3rd party services
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 25/01/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.