- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 18 Aug 17
Head, Client Services & Change Delivery, Private B
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Summary
Support the Global Head, Private Banking & Wealth Mgmt and the Chief Operating Officer, Private Banking & Wealth Mgmt in formulating and executing improvements to the client experience and productivity of front office staff. The objective is to continuously optimise processes "front-to-back", through simplification of procedures and enhancements technology systems. This includes oversight of the technology programmes for Private Banking.
The role also includes the delivery of a consistent client experience through functional (matrix) leadership of the Client Service organisation globally in Private Banking, in partnership with the local Heads of Client Service and Change Delivery.
* Lead the strategy for improving client experience and front office productivity for Private Banking. Drive the overall change programme, both technology-focused initiatives and tactical process (non-tech) initiatives.
* Identify, own and run initiatives to improve the client experience and front office processes/systems (e.g., convert client mail from paper to electronic, new technology platforms to automate high-volume transactions, new systems and processes to improve capabilities in derivatives trading), from inception through delivery. Act as the Accountable Executive for specific technology projects that deliver against these initiatives (e.g., Statements & advices, Client output distribution platform, Process automation).
* Ensure adequate training of relevant staff, and ensure effective communication / embedding of changes in the organisation. Work closely with local in-country teams, across functions "front to back", to generate excitement and support for improvements.
* Ensure delivery of consistent client service throughout the Client Services organization in private banking. Define service delivery standards, implement tracking and monitoring mechanisms, and formulate improvement initiatives as needed. Act as global point of escalation for Client Services-related issues, as required.
* Review processes that impact the client experience and front office productivity. These include client account opening, periodic reviews, investment trade execution, payments and non-financial transactions, credit approvals and documentation, client statement and advice generation/distribution, wealth management product sales, etc. across Private Banking.
* Drive the simplification of processes, while ensuring required approvals from relevant control partners such as Compliance, Legal, and Operational Risk.
People and Talent
* Define guidelines for coverage of Client Service Managers (CSM), including support ratios for Relationship Managers (RM), and optimise CSM allocation globally. Continuously strengthen the CSM support model, including performance standards, training and skills, and staff retention & morale.
* Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
* Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
* Employ, engage and retain high quality people, with succession planning for critical roles.
* Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
* Ensure adequate "capacity for change" in the Private Banking organisation, at global and local levels. Identify and implement solutions where required (e.g., obtain funding and set up mechanisms for business support of technology projects).
* Work with control partners (e.g., Compliance, Legal, Financial Crime Compliance, Operational Risk) to ensure that proposed changes do not deteriorate the control environment of Private Banking.
* Support the Projects Review Committee (PRC) for Private Banking & Wealth Management, for governance of technology projects. Manage the annual Private Banking projects budgeting process, aligning portfolio priorities with business stakeholders. Ensure adherence to Group standards across the project life-cycle, including portfolio budgeting, requirements definition, project delivery, and benefits tracking. Work closely with the Private Banking ITO organisation, to deliver projects effectively.
Regulatory & Business conduct
(This is mandatory standard wording, do not remove).
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Lead the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
* Private Banking Regional Heads, Market Heads, Relationship Managers and Team Leaders
* Other COO teams in Private Banking & Wealth Management, including Controls & Supervision, Client Acceptance & Review, Operational Risk
* Support functions serving Private Banking, including Compliance, Legal, Operational Risk
* Operations back-office serving Private Banking
* Technology teams serving Private Banking
* Embed "Here for Good" and the Group's brand and values in Private Banking.
* Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.