Head, Standardization and Digital Trade
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 11 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
his role has responsibilities to govern, engineer and design processes and systems for Trade products, with Standardization and Risk Management as area of focus.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Standardization and Risk Management
- Identify Key Operations Risks in Trade Products derived from PPGs, Processes, DOIs and PRA (Process Risk Assessments)
- Review Risk Metrics of Trade processes i.e. Unsatisfactory risk events, process risk issues, country escalations, audit issues and ensure we have tactical and strategic plans to avoid recurrence
- Support Trade Operations leadership in all risk related deliverables to the Trade PGC
- Review TOM for Trade products
- Coordinate and Prioritize technology requirements from the risk and standardisation perspective for Trade processes
- To focus on minimal user touch for a transaction to ensure increase in STP rates
- Drive standardization of processes to ensure a scalable operating model is in place
- Design processes for regulatory needs on global basis.
- Review RCA (Root Cause Analysis) docs and ensure strategic and tactical actions will address the issue and avoid recurrence
- Perform country and thematic reviews to proactively identify issues and plan remediation
- Identification of operational risks and escalation at the relevant forums to take necessary steps to build operational controls/mitigates around rollout implementation. Review, develop and enhance ORF/ KCSA's for changes to the product offerings being rolled out
- Deliver on specific risk programs embarked by the bank on Conduct, Data Quality and Fraud
- Act quickly and decisively when any risk and control weakness becomes apparent and ensure they are addressed within an appropriate timeframe and escalated through the relevant committees
- Assess market needs , environment and take appropriate decisions to alter/enhance processes to suit dynamic market conditions
- Ensure proper tracking and closure of recognised risk items through strategic/tactical fixes or risk acceptance
People and Talent
- Create engagement within teams to ensure high performers are retained
Qualifications and Skills
Enter qualifications and skills
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.