Java Development Manager
- SGD220000 - SGD400000 per annum + bonus, allowances, et al
- Permanent, Full time
- Ambition Singapore , EA Licence No: 10C5117
- 02 Feb 17
A global hedge fund is looking to hire an experienced Java Development Manager who has proven technical leadership / solutions architecture track record within investment banks or similar investment institutions. The development manager will be expected to manage the global delivery of trading solutions including risk and PnL platforms.
- Lead development teams for architecture design and implementation
- Work with Business stakeholders to ensure project deliveries are aligned
- Drive strategic and technical direction for the group
The development manager will be expected to:
- Work with business stakeholders and technology / IT leadership to understand business strategy and its implication to the applications under responsibility
- Manage the technology budget for development / application-related activities (includes spending approvals, cost reduction initiatives et al)
- Manage a team of specialists (VP and AVP level) spanning the different key development locations
- Deliver next-generation applications for order booking, trade capture, trade processing, risk calculation, et al.
- Oversee operational processes and support issues especially for critical real-time systems
- Conduct performance reviews, appraisals and personal development planning with each team member
To be successful in this role, the following are required:
- Minimum 15+ years of leading technical development teams delivering high availability and high throughput application platforms
- Strong hands-on experience of at least 8+ years in Java server side development (highly preferred). Full stack development background is a plus, not required
- Financial Markets trading technology experience a MUST whether working directly on trading projects or on WM or IB
- Expert in Agile delivery (champion of DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment initiatives)
- Strong stakeholder management and strong negotiation skills
APPLY NOW by clicking the button below. Submit your profile or contact April Jimenez at email@example.com and quote reference number AMJ38896 on the email's subject title.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Business Registration Number: 200611680D. Licence Number: 10C5117. EA Personnel Registration Number: R1114485.