Lead Specialist Portfolio Services (Cash Operations)
- Permanent, Full time
- Schroder Investment Management (Singapore) Ltd
- 27 Sep 16
The Cash Operations Team in Portfolio Services Department is responsible for monitoring and recording of cash activities in clients’ portfolios. The team undertakes processing and arranging for settlement of foreign exchange and time deposit.
The primarily responsibility of the team is the administration and settlement of all cash transactions such as FX, FD and cash receipts/payments for Schroders funds.
Overview of role
• Perform checking and facilitate the processing of FX and FD settlement process.
• Ensuring funds cash positions are not overdrawn.
• Perform monthly FD/FX position reconciliation and FX monitoring.
• Follow up on issues and discrepancies with internal clients, custodians & FX/FD counterparties.
• Perform end of day checks to ensure completeness of tasks.
• Arrange account opening with FD / FX counterparties within stipulated timeframe.
• Provide support to team leader in complex problem-solving and resolution of day to day issues.
• Plan and execute with ad hoc projects and assignments.
• Oversee & maintain custodians and FX/FD Counterparties relationships.
• Actively review operations workflow to improve efficiency. Workflow coverage spans from trade matching/confirmation to settlement. Scope of instruments covered includes currency spot, currency forwards and time deposit.
Results oriented with good numerate skills.
Ability to learn functions quickly and apply new knowledge.
Enthusiastic, self-starting with a positive outlook.
A focus on quality of delivery.
Creative approach to problem solving.
Good communication skills, written and verbal, within and outside the team.
Team player who is committed to the success of the function within Schroders.
• Degree qualified in Business Administration/Finance-related discipline
• 7-10 years of working experience, preferably in an Asset Management company and at least 3 years as a checker/authoriser.
• Experience working in fast-paced environment
• Experience in cash and foreign exchange processing
• In-depth knowledge in foreign exchange markets particularly the restricted currencies
• Team player with strong leadership and interpersonal skills
• Understand Regulatory changes i.e. Dodd Frank, EMIR, MAS, HKMA or ASIC