Legal Counsel, Litigation & Investigations
Are you a qualified lawyer in a common law jurisdiction? Do you have experience of advising on contentious regulatory matters? We're looking for someone like this to:
- lead cross-divisional investigations involving or impacting UBS in APAC, in particular, investigations involving regulators in the region
- identify, assess, and advise on legal and regulatory risks arising from matters or individuals under investigation or proceedings or issues affecting the organization
- liaise with local and regional management as well as engaging directly with our business units and other Legal and Compliance colleagues to achieve resolution
- handle (or advise and support colleagues in handling) customer complaints, litigation and regulatory inquiries and investigations
- manage external counsel involved in projects within their area of work
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be part of the Litigation & Investigations Team responsible for managing complaints, litigation and contentious regulatory matters affecting UBS's businesses in Asia Pacific. This means you can expect to cover across our range of businesses in a number of countries meaning no two days are really the same. This team sits within our Group
Legal function and involves a high level of autonomy, responsibility and reports into the APAC Head of Litigation & Investigations.
Your experience and skills
- qualified in a common law jurisdiction with several years of relevant experience
- a thorough understanding of the Singapore financial services regulatory framework
- an interest in all aspects of dispute resolution, contentious regulatory and investigations practice, and in being a constructive part of a broader team to develop a consistent litigation and investigation risk management agenda
- a strong communicator both verbally and written with a high attention to detail
- able to make decisive judgments when necessary
- comfortable working under pressure to hit deadlines
- happy taking the lead and working independently but able to work as part of a close team when needed
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer talented people around the world a supportive, stimulating and diverse working environment. We'll value your passion and commitment. And reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.