Manager, CIC Models
- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 09 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Manager, CIC Models
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and maintain IRB/Business models of Probability of Default (PD) for commercial clients segment
- Research and develop enhancements of existing models to be compliant to IRB requirements with improved accuracy, risk discrimination, forward-looking capability and responsiveness to economic environment
- Clear and detailed documentation of model revisions and new model development
- Provide detailed responses and justification of modeling decisions and assumptions, during Group Model Validation's reviews of the Commercial models
- Work closely with the technology team to implement models into various risk systems, providing model specifications, and testing system functionality prior to deployment
- Address issues on models with auditors
- Work closely with business and product management to provide risk analytics solutions for enhancing the Credit Expected Losses - return tradeoff
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong degree (preferably postgraduate) in an applied quantitative discipline (e.g. Economics, Statistics, Finance, Financial Engineering) with a clear ability for analysing data and developing statistical predictive models
- Analytical and independent thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills
- At least 6 years experiences in corporate rating models development and/or relevant experiences in a related area - credit risk for commercial clients typically characterized by annual revenue below US $500 mn.
- Expert knowledge of statistical/database software such as SAS (Base SAS, SAS EG and E-Miner), Excel VBA, MS Powerpoint etc.
- Knowledge/experience in credit, marketing or risk functions an asset
- Knowledge of the Bank's product/ business/ technology system
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Awareness and thorough understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.