Manager, Commodities TMU
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 14 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
- Reporting directly to Senior Manager of Commodities Transaction Management Unit Singapore which is a part of risk family under Commodity Risk
- Main responsibilities are the daily administration and independent control of required collateral that arises out of transactional financing for commodity customers
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Credit monitoring, responsible for monitoring of the credit portfolio.
- Manage a portfolio of commodity-finance facilities protecting the Bank's exposure to risk through the constant monitoring of credit facilities offered under FM and TB products and valuation of collateral
- Jointly responsible (with CIC, FM and TB) for a good relationship with the Bank's customers and intermediaries / counter-parties, maintaining and building client relationships.
- Approval of and ongoing monitoring of transactions to ensure they remain within agreed credit parameters as approved / recommended by Credit.
- Managing credit risks in a timely manner by reacting to facility excesses and collateral shortfalls.
- Ensuring that proper notification to (risk) management of deviations and deterioration in the Bank's credit risk position takes place.
- Overseeing the mark-to-market of the underlying goods financed and making margin calls to clients as required.
- Ensuring the physical safekeeping of title documents and administering the safe custody of these documents.
- Regular liaison with financial / trading contacts of our clients and intermediaries / counter-parties such as collateral management companies / warehouses / surveyors / forwarders / insurance companies etc.
- Providing timely and proper release instructions to warehouses / forwarders and information updates to relevant counter parties such as insurance companies etc.
- Jointly review of Business Credit Application (operational and monitoring aspect) with Senior Manager and Business partners
- Perform stock reconciliation for collateral held under one's portfolios of clients.
- To perform Control Sample Testing to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls for both TB product and FM products.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of the bank products in Transactional Banking and Financial Markets (SIP) space.
- Knowledge of commodities and exchange markets and physical logistics.
- Relevant business/function experience, including experience within business/function operations
- A clear understanding of the Bank's approach to the management of operational risk, or equivalent experience gained in other organization.
- The sound judgment and courage necessary to perform a control role and maintain effective working relationships
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.