Manager, Tech Support
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 06 Jan 17
Please view Job Description for details.
Technology powers Standard Chartered Bank's vision and strategic agenda through the provision of innovative and efficient technology solutions; we will deliver greater value to our business stakeholders; we will improve the skills and flexibility of our people and work more effectively with our internal and vendor service partners. The Technology Support organisation lies within Technology Services and is responsible for providing 24x7 RTB application to all eCommerce business lines within the bank within CIB. The global team has presence in the UK, Chennai, US and Singapore. We are looking for a candidate for providing application support for the bank's strategic ecommerce FX platform who can face off business and meet their demands (trading and sales) and expectations. The candidate should have prior front office experience supporting similar applications and has strong technical and communication skills. The candidate should be adept in prioritizing and judging the nature of the issues and able to context switch between issues and is able to address and resolve them.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- SME role to provide BAU Application support to the Financial markets Ecommerce business..
- eFX and eRates Application support.
- High Severity incident management.
- Change coordination and implementation.
- Problem Management.
- Engagement with multiple teams within and outside the bank to resolve key production impacting issues.
- Root Cause Analysis.
- Operational Risk Management.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery/BCM drills.
- Performance/stability reviews/improvements.
- Put forward ideas to improve automation and/or efficiency, and own through to implementation.
- Adhere to Change Control and Fault Reporting Procedures.
- Participate in weekend on-call and public holiday support rota
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong functional knowledge of Financial FX products like spot, NDF, swaps etc.
- Strong functional knowledge of Financial Rates productions like Bonds, Treasuries etc.
- Ability to drive incident bridges by involving all the relevant parties and progressing the issues / outages to closure
- Complete understanding of end to end trade lifecycle
- Knowledge of FX FIX connectivity & Client onboarding
- Very good knowledge of ITRS Geneos / Oracle SQL / KDB
- ION Marketview server side and GUI.
- Ability to own and drive small/ad-hoc project work and deliver to its closure
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and analytical skills
- Self starter, able to self manage with strong collaboration skills and able to interact effectively with others.
- Strong shell/Perl scripting skills. Ability to automate manual task and seek continuous improvement in support performance
- Good working knowledge of Splunk and ability to write reports using splunk
- Good understanding in infrastructure setup, O/s memory management, capacity review
- Good understanding in networking concepts and ability to trouble shoot and understand latency issues
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task and deliver.
- Strong team player
- TIL Foundation V3 and PMP is preferable
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.