Manager, Trade Floor Risk Management
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of Nova Scotia
- 20 Sep 16
The Bank of Nova Scotia (“the Bank”) is one of North America’s leading financial institutions and Canada’s most international bank. We invite applications for the following position:
• Market Risk - Identify and assess market and liquidity risks in the covered businesses, and ensure consistency with the Bank’s risk appetite and the approved business mandate. Identify issues that require escalation to senior management and provide recommendations for resolution.
• Partnering with Trading and Treasury groups – Engage Front Office in a proactive manner to promote open communication between risk and trading. Discuss positions, p&l and risks with the desks, and communicate with TFRM senior management. Opine on new trading strategies and product/market entry. Ensure annual limit reviews, limit amendments, and new business/product proposals are completed in a timely manner.
• Partnering with International Risk groups – Communicate with teams in Toronto, London and Asia to ensure all relevant groups understand trading operations and risks in Asia. Keep abreast of developments within TFRM and ensure department objectives are achieved for Asia.
• Regulatory & Audit – Communicate with local regulatory authorities and participate in audits performed by Scotiabank’s internal audit department and others. Communicate the bank’s strategy and direction to regulators and correspondingly update TFRM management with regulatory activity and any changes to regulations.
• Stay abreast of current market and business developments in Singapore and advise Senior Management accordingly.
• Support the VP & SRO with ad hoc risk related projects as required for APAC.
• Degree in finance or other quantitative discipline. CFA/FRM/PRM is desirable
• Strong understanding of derivatives valuation and risk sensitivities
• Knowledge of Asian capital markets through direct experience in a risk management or trading role
• Ability to work independently and without direct supervision
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Interested candidates are invited to send in your detailed resume indicating your current and expected salary to mailto:email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org stating the reference: TFRM. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.