Microsoft System Engineer (Certificate Authority)
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jan 17
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Role: Microsoft System Engineer (Certificate Authority)
As a PKI/Certificate Authority System Engineer you will perform tier one and two PKI certificate authority support. Candidates need solid technical skills and experience to act as a PKI Trusted Agent, to include issuing enrollment pins and assisting customers with PKI enrollment, revoking and republishing certificates, and helping customers resolve PKI-related issues with web browsers and Microsoft Outlook electronic mail.
- Performing Full Service Directory (FSD) administration
- Administration of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012 Active Directory Services including CA, HSM, Certificate Enrollment Web Services, Certificate Enrollment Policy Web Service, and Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Monitoring and managing the flow of identities involving Microsoft Identity Lifecycle Manager (ILM)/Forefront Identity Manager (FIM) management agents and resolving customer issues related to FSD
- Performing PKI end-user training
- Supporting engineering activities, as identified, and facilitating the transition of engineering products into the operational environment.
- Enterprise Operations PKI/Certificate Authority Administrator requires extensive experience with MCSE Server.
- Must have good communication skills, shows tact, effective listening skills, follow through and anticipates questions while being prepared with answers or follow-up.
- The ability to work independently with little to no supervision researching new technologies or comparing technologies to meet the customers need while providing an unbiased opinion.
- Candidate must be a team player and be able to follow processes and procedures.
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, professional who can successfully bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight.
- Understanding of 2FA for remote desktop will be an advantage
For individuals who can rise to the challenge this position provides high visibility, extraordinary financial rewards, and excellent career development prospects.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or Business Management.
- 4years of experience as a PKI Certificate Authority Administrator or equivalent
- 5years of work experience with a large organization or a banking environment
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Understanding of Common Criteria Role Separation
- PowerShell scripting
- Experience troubleshooting digital certificate issues
- Familiarity with browser and application keystores
- Certificate Management System (CMS)
- Key Management System (KMS)
- Understanding of PKIX, PKCS, SSL, TLS, S/MIME standards
- Understanding of smart card technologies
- Experience with UNIX or Linux
- Help Desk experience
- Relevant Microsoft certifications
- Capacity Planning and Optimization
- Knowledge of Network DLP (Force Point) will be added advantage
Role ( Job Role )
Security Delivery Specialist
Primary job category
Secondary Job Category
Other Technical Services
State / Province
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village