NOC Shift Lead
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 20 Jan 17
NOC Shift Lead
The APAC Network Operations Centre is seeking an experienced leader to provide direction and leadership to the teams designing and building the network operations capability. The Individual will be responsible for covering global network event monitoring, response and restoration, continuity, and operational reporting. This role designs and builds core and global capabilities for network service operation and transition support and provides second and third line support for incident/problem resolution for local, regional, and global operations. Contributes to the strategic long term Global Network Operations plans and maintains the network architecture documentation roadmap. Must have experience working in a matrix management environment with teams based in multiple countries and working with voice, data, and security. Good technical knowledge plus excellent communication skills to deal with major stakeholders across CTO/CIO groups and the business are required.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Establish global network operations, network monitoring, response, resolution and continuity.
- Manage a team of 10 Operations Analysts and Network Engineers
- Ensure all Live Incidents involving Network services are receiving the right level of support and sufficient stakeholder communication.
- The Shift Lead sets daily task priorities, shift roster and divides up workload between on-duty engineers.
- Ensure all tickets are tracked and followed up in a timely manner within the stipulated SLA.
- Ensure that planned maintenance activities are carried out according to process.
- Ensures escalations are carried out in a timely and proper manner to LOB and Technology management team
- Perform ticket audit to assess ticket quality
- Prepare daily / week report on shift performance and maintenance activity status.
- Helps train new hires and assists in developing materials and curriculum and serve as a mentor / role model to the NOC Team.
- Participate in or lead cross-functional teams in root cause analysis and corrective action documentation and follow up for severe outages.
The APAC NOC mission is to provide standardized global command and control over all network events that enables the enterprise to manage risk by providing increased visibility into all network events and improve time to resolution for any active or potential incidents that affect the business. Inherent in the support and resolution activities are a customer-driven approach that delivers consistent results and reduces complexity and ambiguity for customers.
This is accomplished by:
- Monitoring and reporting on network events requiring action or remediation
- Efficient remediation of outages with a sense of urgency and ownership
- Ensuring global consistency through the use of repeatable NOC processes, procedures and roles
- Performing ticket analysis to meet contractual SLA obligations
- Maintaining stability in the network as changes are introduced and executed
Required Skills: "Must" have these skills to be minimally qualified.
- Past experience with network infrastructure support technologies
- Proven ability to manage short and long term engagements with multiple project tracks and teams
- Ability to interact with clients at all levels, from the C-Level to IT individual contributor
- Firm understanding of IT Service Management processes and project management (i.e. MS Project, Excel, hybrid)
- Proven ability to manage and set client expectations
- Ability to manage client escalations and negotiate resolution
- Understands network-based technologies: demonstrates competency (or capability to be successful) in the ability to translate customer/business requirements into business solutions and successfully position with customers
- 10+ years network engineering and/or technology management experience; 5+ years direct IT service management experience
Posting Date: 29/12/2016
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40