SVP, Regional Infrastructure Lead Engineer, Tech Services, Technology and Operations
- We offer a competitive salary & benefits package that supports your development and achievements.
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 21 Feb 17
Lead project teams for deployment of virtualization and other initiatives. Collaborate with team members and bank-wide Engineers to perform assigned tasks. Share ideas, projects, and best practices and help create a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 280 branches across 18 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth: Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings, is among the highest in Asia-Pacific. DBS has been recognised for its leadership in the region, having been named “Asia’s Best Bank” by The Banker, a member of the Financial Times group, and “Best Bank in Asia-Pacific” by Global Finance. The bank has also been named “Safest Bank in Asia” by Global Finance for seven consecutive years from 2009 to 2015.
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
The Infrastructure Management (IM) supports deployment of virtualization, resiliency, optimization capabilities and infrastructure services consistently across our key Asian markets (namely, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, India and Indonesia). The team sets target standards for core processes, across the locations, to achieve quality and control in governance and process standardization. Working closely with the respective country IT infrastructure heads, the team is responsible for overall infrastructure governance and IT infrastructure budget of S$60m.
IM is part of the Group Technology Services team that supports the Bank’s core infrastructure across the globe and owns the key IT service management processes.
Hands-on managerial role to support deployment of virtualization and other infrastructure projects in the locations (as above), and provide necessary cross-discipline IT operations support and governance upon implementation, as well as ongoing business-as-usual (BAU) support.
Acts as an intermediary between Head Office and the country IT infra lead. Works closely with local teams, with the objective of standardizing and aligning key IT processes to achieve quality and control, with matrices to measure effectiveness.
Lead & Manage Projects
- Lead project teams for deployment of virtualization and other initiatives.
- Collaborate with team members and bank-wide Engineers to perform assigned tasks.
- Share ideas, projects, and best practices and help create a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
Provide Technical Lead
- Prepares technical project plans.
- Collaborates with bank-wide engineering and other forums to develop technical solutions and enhancements.
- Assists in developing the technical skills of less-experienced peers.
- Oversee and work with the regional teams to ensure ongoing IT operation of cross-discipline infrastructure systems through incident management, troubleshooting, monitoring jobs and technology-related processes, as well as third-level support as needed. Includes tracking of IT operational matrices and provide status to management.
- In accordance with Bank’s security directives, assists to deploy, maintain, and enhance the security of all infrastructure systems through administrative, preventive, detective, and reactive controls, such as change and configuration management, anti-virus measures, patch management, and system scans.
- Strong leadership and management abilities.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams in implementing projects of a complex nature and running regional IT operations.
- Min. 5 years in managing cross cultural teams in a multi-location environment.
- A deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections between the respective teams within IT.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills - spoken and written.
- Ability to interact with senior management and influence decision makers.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect managers and teams toward new objectives.
- Functional understanding of project management principles and their application to Infrastructure projects and teams.
- Formal project management expertise preferred.
- Cross disciplinary IT operations experience, e.g., core network, systems virtualization, WAN infrastructure, server systems, cloud services, storage, and security.
- ITIL, Agile or PMI Certification is preferred
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.