Senior Analyst, Risk Measurement Assurance
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 11 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
Risk Measurement Assurance is part of Group Risk Measurement (GRM) and carries out the following tasks on behalf of GRM:
- Model Governance
- Model Performance Monitoring
- RWA Advisory
- Operational Risk and Control
Model Governance includes model documentation reviews; maintenance and development of model related policies, procedures and standards; and reviewing and monitoring model development, approval and implementation status, roll-out plans and regulatory changes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the modelling teams to ensure analysis and documents submitted for internal risk committees and regulators are on time and fit-for-purpose.
- Ensure that model documentation, regulatory submissions, policies, procedures, and other internal or external reports are written appropriately and accurately to address the key issues and requirements.
- Help ensure that regulatory, committee and other internal queries (i.e. scorecard usage, RWA computation, etc) are answered in a timely and precise manner.
- IRB roll out plans.
- Support stakeholders on engagements with regulators on credit risk models related matters.
- Demonstrate creativity and willingness to contribute towards the enhancement of the existing practices in Risk Measurement Assurance.
- Support the department as directed by the line manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in a numerate discipline (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics);Working knowledge of credit risk models and scorecards;
- Exposure to Basel II and Basel III regulations governing credit risk;
- Eye for detail: to maintain high level of accuracy and correctness in written documents;
- 2+ years in banking;
- Highly articulate with sound communication skills;
- Experience in SAS and MS Excel for automation of MI and data extraction would be an advantage.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2016. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.