Senior Legal Counsel
- Permanent, Full time
- Aquis Search Pte. Ltd. , EA Licence No: 16S8125
- 11 Sep 17
Established and respected commodities business is currently looking for a Senior Legal Counsel to assist the Group General Counsel in managing a Global portfolio across multiple asset classes.
Working from the head office and reporting directly to the Group General Counsel, you will be responsible for partnering with senior stakeholders across multiple lines of business, providing support on legal and regulatory matters and also advising on shipping and insurance matters.
You will also be responsible for the following
- Structuring, reviewing, drafting, vetting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts such as trade and related contracts (sale purchase, supply, master agreements of agreements), trade finance, loan/debt agreements
- Dispute management (pre-dispute discussions, communication and negotiation; litigation; arbitration)
- Advising on and managing shipping and insurance matters
- Assistance in select strategic investments and divestments
- Managing and monitoring external counsel/legal spend and optimization of external counsel use
- Work closely in supporting the Group General Counsel
- Close interaction with internal and external stakeholders including the heads of the specified business units.
This role is highly visible and crucial the success of the business. You will have had experience working for a Global business previous and will also meet the following criteria:
- Law degree from a common law jurisdiction with 12 to 15 years’ PQE
- A combination of law firm as well as in-house counsel experience at top-tier firms
- Experience in working for a commodity business, specifically dealing with shipping contracts\charter contracts
- Ability to provide advice to senior management on legal and regulatory issues
- Excellent relationship management in a matrix environment
- Independently driven, high level of initiative and ability to work with diverse cultures and background is key
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
If you would like a confidential discussion, please contact Chris Potter on +65 3157 9393 or submit your CV by clicking on the available link.