- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 04 Aug 17
Senior Manager, Data, Risk & Finance
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Senior Manager, Data, Risk & Finance
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* To lead and perform complex analysis of data to enhance operational efficiency -
* Contribute to the overall objective of Functions (i.e. Risk, Finance & Compliance) data team
o Extract and analyse data, patterns and related trends
o Perform data landscaping, data analysis, identify the correct data attributes and confirm data quality from source systems (that create and capture data), with the appropriate meaning and use to support business needs.
o Synthesize the data into information consumable by senior business decision makers - therefore understanding of business processes within the bank (viz. Enterprise Wide Stress Testing, Financial Risk management, Anti Money Laundering including Financial Crime, Product life cycle management, financial/management reporting, Client on-boarding & management) is a pre-requisite
o Project Drivers:
* Assist to build or support the development of Business Requirements Document or Change Requests, depending on the work request trigger.
* Review business requirement documents and identify data requirements. Compare data requirements with group policies and data standards, and identify non-compliance.
* Analyze end-to-end data lineage. Identify and document data sources and data consumers.
* Identify golden sources and recommend data sourcing approach to project teams.
* Plan and coordinate profiling of data at source to ascertain data quality and consistency. Initiate data cleansing works where necessary.
* Work closely with business & technology to develop design solutions. Analyze data impacts of design solutions and propose changes or workarounds where necessary.
* Assist in mapping data requirements to enterprise logical data model.
* Provide leadership in analyzing root causes and consolidate recommendations to resolve strategic data issues.
* Specify requirements to project team for adherence to the target operating model. Propose data quality validation rules and data quality maintenance where appropriate.
* Prepare data requirement document (DRD) to document findings and recommendations.
Qualifications and Skills
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting, Statistics, Computer Science or highly relevant equivalent experience is required.
* Subject matter expert in one or more business domains (such as Risks, Finance, Channels, Legal and Compliance, etc) responsible for:
o Provide explanations for business terms and definitions that are commonly used in the business domain.
o Specify data profiling requirements for analysis of source system data and to ascertain golden source recommendations.
o Review quality of data attributes that originate from relevant data sources and verify their qualities across different stages of the data life cycle.
o Specify data quality metrics for data attributes that are critical to the business to ensure quality of data is being upheld continually.
* Part of large development or implementation project / consulting organizations supporting complex data management programs in the Risk, finance or compliance domain
* Attention to detail, good analytical and problem solving skills and critical thinking are essential
* Must be able to utilize and effectively communicate functional and technical components of an initiative to applicable parties both verbally and through documentation
* Capable of being a self-starter and having a proactive, agile and strategic mindset are a must
* Able to cope with adversity and handle urgent issues under pressure
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 31/08/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.