Senior Manager FCC, Governance and Implementation, Client Risk Framework
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 26 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
The Senior Specialist FCC, Governance and Implementation, Client Risk Framework assists the Head, Client Risk Framework to assist the business to implement the One Bank CDD procedures globally across all client types and businesses, and contributes to CDD related training requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Assist Head Client Risk Framework with the following responsibilities:
- Establish appropriate governance framework within Client Risk Framework team.
- Manage overall governance and implementation issues within the ambit of the Client Risk Framework team.
- Lead FCC input to the OneBank CDD programme across all businesses including:
- Assist the business to operationalise the requirements of OneBank CDD procedures;
- Work with training team and other support function to provide appropriate platform to communicate the control standards, including appropriate briefings and training materials.
- Provide appropriate linkage with the CDD Policy and Client Control Standards team as to the interpretation of CDD procedures and related controls.
- Assist the country FCCs to develop and obtain approvals of their Country Addendums.
- Support the wider Compliance function to embed controls for other compliance risks in client processes.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to FCC.
People and Talent
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Stimulate an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Ensure Department is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support the operationalization of OneBank CDD, especially on development and approval of Country Addendum.
- Understand technical aspects of systems relevant to CDD, Client Risk Assessments, Name and Transaction Screening, AML Monitoring and Case Management
- Align/support with the alignment of relevant systems and controls to industry best practice and close out any compliance gaps.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Inform senior management of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Anticipate horizon risks in the area of financial crime that may have a significant impact on the Group and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks.
- Develop and/or implement risk management frameworks (e.g. ORF, GRA) including methodology, governance / process, analysis and action planning.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of AML/Sanctions/ABC risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Provide and support oversight of FCC region/country/function.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Review lessons learned from audit findings, FCC assurance activities and specific investigations.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Be accountable for identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels and the Quality Assurance framework.
- Define metrics and/or key risk indicators (KRI) for OneCDD Country Addendum Project.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Support relevant stakeholders to respond to regulatory questions.
- Project to support OneCDD "go-live" for all segments.
- Business FCC teams
- FCC, Policy and Reporting
- FCC, Sanctions
- FCC, Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- FCC, FCIIU
- FCC, PEP and Sensitive Client Unit
- FCC, Assurance
- FCC, Control Strategy
- CDD Process Owners
- Operational Risk
- Group Internal Audit
- Peers in other banks
- One CDD Programme
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in all Group Businesses
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Tertiary Education
Target Proficiency Level:
Compliance Policies and Standards
Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring)
Compliance Risk Assessment