Senior Manager, Group Operational Risk Stress Testing
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 21 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Support delivery of the Group-wide operational risk stress testing agenda. A key aspect of this role is to develop tools to enable complete and verifiable impact assessments of stress tests, to analyse the results of stress tests taking input from experts and to recommend further actions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Support the Group in establishing the framework and foundation for more sophisticated stress testing models using statistical techniques and evolving towards CCAR type models.
* Plan, design, implement and report on scenarios risk assessments, including external regulatory submissions
* Drive quality input into external consultation and other papers on regulatory capital for Operational Risk
* Drive quality input into all relevant internal development and changes in Operational Risk capital, including methodology, measurement, risk appetite and any other areas requiring further development
* Drive input into Group's Pillar 1 OR capital computation, Pillar 2 ICAAP submission and any other regulatory (eg Bank of England) exercises to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Provide oversight and guidance to countries on responding to Group level OR-related regulatory capital queries i.e. Group lead regulators PRA requirement.
* Support countries in preparing any TSA applications to local regulators (including ICAAP submissions, questionnaires and QIS surveys).
* Ensure GOR regulatory capital framework is in compliance with regulatory standards and requirements (esp CRR), develop controls and provide assurance of regulatory compliance to CRR.
* Define, formulate and maintain the best practice methodology, standards and approach for an enhanced OR scenario analysis exercises for testing risk assessments and specifically for low-frequency, high-severity tail-risks
Qualifications and Skills
- Market & Business Knowledge: Understand the economic environment in the key markets and the product/process knowledge of the bank
- Technical Skills: Strong analytical skills, experience with SAS, Experience in developing statistical models, ability to think laterally and find concentrations and correlations in risk drivers
- Risk Management and Control: Analyse stress test results to identify the vulnerabilities to the bank
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate technical ideas to a non-technical audience and illicit responses from experts contributing to scenario assessments.
- Governance, Oversight and Controls: Understand the Stress Testing governance process and participate in the Risk control process.
- Regulatory Framework and Requirements: Understand the regulatory frameworks for operational risk, capital and the recovery and resolution planning.
- Non-technical skills: Ability to build strong working relationships within Risk and across functions.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.