Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network EngineerOCBC is looking for an experienced Senior Network Engineer to join our Group Technology Services team. This role is responsible for day to day level 3 network operation support for our core network infrastructure.
This role will also require providing Pre and Post Change review, proactive network assessment and fine tuning.
You will be responsible for the support and maintenance of network and network security, ensuring firmware and security levels are current whilst providing network management, operational and project support for an extensive and diverse network.
1. Provide network BAU L3 operation support, problem determination and troubleshooting for network incidents and escalate to vendor and management accordingly.
2. Analyze requirement and perform network solutioning, planning, installation and setup of network systems.
3. Perform network Pre and Post change review to ensure change implementation are properly planned and executed.
4. Perform network assessment such as network security vulnerabilities assessment, patch assessment and capacity review to proactively ensure network are running in optimal conditions.
1. Possess at least a Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
2. CCIE (Routing and Switching/Data Centre) certification preferred
1. At least 10 years' experience in network operation, ie LAN & WAN administration, firewall administration, load balancers administration, IP routing protocol administration, performance management.
2. Operational experience in managing network in a FSI environment strongly desired
3. Possess deep technical knowledge in 3 or more domains areas such as: routers, switches, firewalls, load balancer, proxy, DDI, IPS.
4. Understanding Cisco Nexus product ranges, fabric switching networks, cloud computing, network function virtualization and next generation SDN networks.
5. A good team player and able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move towards consensus
6. Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills, highly organized and able to interact professionally and appropriately at all levels of the organization
7. Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
8. Have the drive to change work on BAU areas, and the will to challenge the status quo
9. Have a quality mindset with prevention attitude to attain zero defects
10. Experience in the implementation and application of ITIL processes