Senior Project Manager
- $120,000 - $150,000
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Singapore , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 13 Jan 17
Senior Project Manager focusing on regional level digital projects. The purpose of this position is to provide project management for all activities associated with medium and large scale IT projects. This may include taking on a primary project leadership role which includes project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication and budget (overall accountability from original concept through the final implementation of IT solutions)
NOTE: You must reside in Singapore and must have extensive insurance sector experience!
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of business perspective work plans to determine the required tasks and resources (process, functional, etc) for complex projects spanning multiple business units.
- Develops, communicates and oversees a project plan for project teams. Prepares reporting and communications to stakeholders on project status, schedule and costs
- Monitors the progress of projects (through project plans and regular status meetings) to ensure that stakeholder, sponsor, and/or client expectations are being met
- Lead efforts involving work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans and status reports within time, budget and specification constraints
- Identify and anticipate risks and issues; facilitate resolution, mitigation and appropriate escalation.
- Manages project teams.
- Determines team member responsibilities and holds individuals accountable.
- Works closely with stakeholders, sponsors, and clients providing direction to project definition.
- May make project recommendations based on business value.
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree, ideally in computer science or related field.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in information technology. 5+ years project management experience required.
- PMP or PMI preferred
- Demonstrable skills working in a structured analysis environment including sign-off from relevant stake holders on all documentation.
- Ability to accurately assess project risks and raise risks and issues to senior team members as appropriate.
- Experience in project initiation and requirements phases of large technology or business change planning, execution, and benefits realization
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives, IT Strategy objectives
- Proven experience in systems requirements capture and requirements design
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Exposure to business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations
- Exposure to / knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues (e.g. MAS Singapore regulations)
- Ability to conduct research into emerging business process management practices and trends, standards, and products as required
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
EA Licence: 16S8091 | EA Registration Number: R1441678