Senior Project Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 22 Dec 16
Please view Job Description for details.
The purpose of the role is to join the Financial Markets Technology group, focusing on Trading and Risk. The assignment consists in assembling a project team and deliver an Equity derivatives migration project. The bank is willing to invest further in Equity trading and a front-to-back migration of trading activities to a more scalable platform is required.
The program covers one or more of the following areas: trade management, market data, static data, systems integration, controls, risks generation (FO, Market risk, Credit risk) across FX, IR, Commodities, Credit and Equity asset classes.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities are outlined below:
- Facilitating the definition of the project missions, goals, tasks and resource requirements
- Assembling the project team within the program resource constraints
- Leading project planning and manage project execution, ensuring adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Assessing project risks, issues, dependencies and putting mitigations in place
- Building strong, effective relationships with both the business (Trading, Quant, Market Risk) and technology stakeholders, across global offices
- Communicate effectively and tactfully status, issues, successes to all stakeholders
- Organizing and leading regular steering committees, reporting project status and facilitating project steering decisions
- Lead aspects of organizational change and ensure functional consistency across the various projects of the program by influencing architecture and design decisions
- Resolve of assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas
- Provide mentoring, coaching and direction to the project team members and create a sense of belonging and ownership among team members
Qualifications and Skills
- Exposure to FM front office environment is a must.
- Extensive FM products knowledge in at least 2 asset classes (one of them being Equity), encompassing pricing, risk analytics and trade life cycle.
- Thorough understanding of project management phases and software development life cycle
- Experience in both waterfall and agile project methodology. Experience of JIRA is a plus.
- Good understanding of key technology concepts and architecture. Strong technical acumen.
- Proven ability to work across business streams and have exposure to front to back system implementation.
- Ability to drive multiple agenda and effectively manage priorities.
- Ability to produce high quality project management deliverables such as steering committee pack, project plan, financials, status update, MIS, project communications ...etc
- Ability to work proactively, independently and displays strong initiative
- Pragmatic team player with an attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
- Multicultural awareness
- Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.