Senior Project Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Pinpoint Consulting , EA Licence No: 15C7460
- 12 Dec 16
Permanent role with opportunities to grow with our client. The first 12 months will be as Senior PM onsite in Singapore with one of their biggest clients in the region. This project is to deliver a front-end cash and trade system plus payment interfaces. The program has been going on for several years and they have been delivering largely to plan.
Role and Responsibilities
The 2017 deliverables for the Senior PM is a rollout to a country and there is quite a lot of scope specific to this country. Delivery is likely to be incremental throughout the second half of the year. The PM will have a full-time team of about 8 onsite, plus will have operational control of offshore Dev/QA of around another 15 headcount.
But there is more.
This is a strategic client of theirs and they are in the process of negotiating a further roadmap beyond the current systems. This program may include cash, trade, receivables and payments elements. The PM will be part of the team that develops this roadmap, with a view to leading the implementation.
The client presents some challenges, and the PM will need to apply maturity, patience and tact in their approach. It is a genuine leadership opportunity.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Demonstrable achievements in delivering complex programs of work.
- Subject matter expertise in cash, trade finance and payments.
- Experience working in a large, complex vendor where a PM needs to apply influence to get what they need.
- Good project controls including strong financial management.
Type of Person
- Natural leader, independent, self-starter.
- Calm temperament, good relationship builder.
- Adept at sticking to scope, and pushing back tactfully when required.
- Excellent written skills.
- Analytical – for example, able to work through testing data and make meaningful summaries. Able to put together a resourcing plan and justify it.
- Flexible with hours.