Senior Specialist FCC, CDD Policy (Communication and Training)
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 14 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
The Senior Specialist FCC, CDD Policy (Communication and Training), Client Risk Framework assists the Head, CDD Policy Client Risk Framework to implement the One Bank CDD procedures globally across all client types and business segments, and contributes in particular to CDD related training requirements - a key component being the planning and setting up of effective training materials and any other means of communication to ensure effective embedment of the Bank's CDD Procedures across all business segments.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Policies and Procedures
- Assist the Head of CDD Policy to define and maintain key standards to build controls for financial crime risk into client processes, including:
- Group Customer Due Diligence (CDD) procedures and related control standards;
- All business segment addenda and related control standards;
- Refining and fine-tuning the Client Risk Assessment methodology (not modelling which FCIIU is responsible for).
- Assist the Head of CDD Policy to work with training team and other support functions to provide appropriate platform to communicate the control standards, including appropriate briefings and training materials.
- Primary point of escalation for all business segments with regards to the interpretation of Group CDD procedures and related controls.
- Help to establish governance over the process for dispensation from Group and Business CDD procedures.
- Help to ensure that the Group and Business CDD procedures remain up-to-date and in compliance with laws, regulations and industry best practice.
- Work with FCIIU to refine and fine-tune the Client Risk Assessment methodology and assume ongoing ownership in BAU.
- Lead FCC input to the OneBank CDD programme for all business segments.
- Support the Head of CDD Policy to interface with Group technical experts on Sanctions, Bribery and overall AML to incorporate requirements into CDD standards.
- Support the Head of CDD Policy to work with the wider Compliance functions to embed controls for other compliance risks in client processes.
- Support all business segments make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Provide advice to all business segments on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to CDD.
- Assist the Head of CDD Policy to develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Support Head of CDD Policy to document and maintain CDD policies and procedures including all business segment addendum.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to CDD.
People and Talent
- Promote and embed a culture of openness, trust and risk awareness, where ethical, legal, regulatory and policy compliant conduct is the norm.
- Participate in an environment where forward planning, prioritisation, deadline management and streamlined workflows and collaborative, inclusive yet effective and efficient work practices are the norm.
- Assist the Head of CDD Policy to set appropriate CDD related standards/procedures to mitigate the potential risks of being associated with, or facilitating parties in financial crime and/or breaching applicable regulations related to financial crime.
- Support the Bank's risk mitigating action plans by collaborating with the Bank's FCC technical, controls and subject matter experts to ensure existing systems, processes, risk assessments and practices on clients - from on-boarding, risk rating, screening and on-going monitoring to prohibitions, hard-holds and off-boarding are aligned with industry best practices and standards and close out any compliance gaps.
- Anticipate horizon risks in the area of financial crime that may have a significant impact on the Group and develop effective strategies to mitigate such horizon risks.
- Attend relevant meetings.
- Support and provide oversight of FCC function in collaboration with the relevant business segments.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure Head of CDD Policy, senior management and relevant regulators are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- To translate lessons learned from audit findings, FCC assurance activities and specific investigations into CDD policies.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the Head of CDD Policy to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Support all business segments to respond to regulatory questions.
- Project to support OneCDD "go-live" for all business segments.
- FCC Learning
- Business FCC teams
- FCC, Policy and Reporting
- FCC, Sanctions
- FCC, Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- FCC, FCIIU
- FCC, PEP and Sensitive Client Unit
- FCC, Assurance
- CDD Process Owners
- OR, Framework, Process & Infrastructure
- Group Internal Audit
- Peers in other banks
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in all Group Businesses.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- ACAMS Certified
- ICA Certified
Target Proficiency Level:
Compliance Policies and Standards
Compliance Review and FCC Assurance
Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring)
Compliance Risk Assessment