Specialist, Anti-Bribery and Corruption
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 15 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
- Assist the Regional Head of ABC, ASA, in developing a strategy to mitigate bribery risk, & establishing an ABC programme comprising of global standards, training, and compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies, practices, and trends.
- Provides guidance on proper application and interpretation of ABC related laws, regulations and policies within the region
- Keep track of and provide advice to relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws, best practices and policies related to ABC policy and procedures.
- Work with Group Shared Investigations Services to support investigations with bribery or corruption implications in the region.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in the ASA Region to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to ABC.
- Identify and communicate, across the region, relevant changes to ABC policies and procedures.
- Work with the FCC Management Information team to gather relevant ABC data and design country and regional management information packs.
People and Talent
- Collaborate with training teams to input to training curriculum to support closing of capability gaps.
- Deliver & support ABC training programs to meet the training needs of the business.
- Deliver & support ABC training programs to meet the training needs of FCC and staff whose is considered to have a heightened bribery risk.
- Develop/refresh training courses/materials to support closing of capability gaps.
- Align/support with the alignment of relevant systems and controls to industry best practice and close out any compliance gaps.
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes to manage bribery risks.
- Make recommendations (and/or implement) to relevant stakeholders on possible risk management responses to identified risks and/or findings of concerns from investigations.
- Assess risks arising from products / segments / geographies / customers / transactions.
- Support the implementation of ABC risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Conduct Country risk assessment.
- Map risks, quantify the potential impact and escalate where necessary.
- Advise relevant stakeholders on outcomes of [AML/Sanctions/ABC] risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Propose control improvements, enhancements and simplifications where appropriate.
- Analyse and interpret data to produce reports that help the bank identify and manage emerging areas of risk / vulnerability and thus drive remediation action within the FCC function.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the ABC Regional Team achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group Head of ABC
- Regional Heads of ABC
- Head of Governance, ASA
- Heads of Oversight, MI and Reporting, and Risk Assessment, ASA
- Country Heads of FCC in Region
- Country Heads of Compliance in Region
- Relevant Group Functions (e.g. Finance, Human Resources, Brand & Marketing, Corporate Affairs, Supply Chain Management etc) in ASA countries
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in accounting or law or relevant field & 5 years experience in the banking/ finance industry and/or experience as a Financial Crime consultant in a professional accounting or law firm.
- Proven experience in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Ability to collaborate and work dynamically across country, region, business and group stakeholders.
- Understanding of best practice risk management techniques and frameworks relating to ABC.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, regulatory expectations relevant to financial crime.
- Sound judgement on business practices, regulatory relationship management and reputational risk.
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
- Advanced skills in Excel and understanding of data analytic principals.
- Ability to write procedures, reports or updates in a clear and consider manner
Target Proficiency Level:
Compliance Policies and Standards
Compliance Review and FCC Assurance
Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring)
Compliance Risk Assessment