- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 24 Aug 17
Technology Change Manager (Funds Services)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Technology Change Manager (TCM) is required to join the Fund Services (FS) Technology team, reporting to the Head of Fund Services Technology and Change. The TCM will own the change management process for all FS Technology changes and be the point of contact for our internal client base. The change initiatives include changes to technology, interfaces and systems, changes to business processes, client reporting requests and operational efficiency initiatives. The TCM will also be heavily involved in driving technology solutions for Operational efficiency, constantly reviewing and finding ways to reengineer existing processes and/or automate manual processes across our operations. The CM will also engage with key project teams to help them integrate their projects with crucial change so that technology will enable the business to meet their objectives and bank strategic growth plan.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Governance and control of the Change Management process such that there is a single point of entry to capture all change requests raised by various teams i.e. Country Operations, clients, Technology
- Manage a team to solve, filter and prioritise changes requests with a constant focus on reusability of current capability and code
- Drive and constructively challenge the change requestors and delivery partners on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
- Leverage Subject Matter Experts (SME) or Business Analysts (BA) domain knowledge to perform AS-IS/TO-BE process mapping using tools such as Visio, Gliffy, etc.
- Review and prioritize the change requests based on various parameters such as re-usability across our clients, benefits, risk, cost or clients' support level.
- Work closely with the FS Technology delivery manager and FS Product function to incorporate the changes into the overall FS implementation plan/Product Offering Roadmap.
- Take the initiative to Identify areas for improvements and growth enabler, work with stakeholders to help define the problem/ opportunity through to delivering the solution and measuring the benefit and capturing relevant saves.
- Drive adoption of processes changes and platforms capabilities delivered to materialise benefits.
- Proactively elicit requirements, critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into detail. Distinguish user requests from the underlying real needs with the SME or BA.
- Support the creation of MIS reporting information.
- Review of current operational processes with a view to automate manual, repetitive, or high risk tasks
Qualifications and Skills
- Good knowledge of Fund Services/Fund Accounting processes, both technology applications and operational processes
- Minimum 10 years Project Management and Change Management experiences in similar domain/environment, ideally with experience of agile/scrum.
- Working experiences in major custodian banks will be preferred.
- Experience of identifying improvement areas and driving change plans, securing stakeholders buy-in and commitment to drive change.
- Exposure to LEAN/Six Sigma would be an advantage.
- Analytical Thinking
- Pro-active mindset to anticipate potential conflicts and mitigate as appropriate.
- Evaluates how changes in one area will influence/impact other upstream/downstream business processes.
- Ability to analyse complex data to determine root cause and mitigating actions.
- Able to analyse underlying requirements and what is/are the actual problem statements.
- Communication and presentation
- Able to present the change requests in non-technical terms to others and abstract its rationale to stakeholders.
- Able to make a clear and concise update in senior forums.
- * Negotiation & Influencing Skills
- Uses a combination of direct and indirect influencing techniques, where appropriate, to ensure support.
- Effectively applies skills and techniques of negotiating, including understanding other party's needs and agendas.
- Ability to manage trade-offs of system needs between stakeholders.
- Facilitation Skills: Able to use a variety of techniques to encourage contributions from requestors and stakeholders.
- Stakeholder Management
- Chair the Weekly Changes Review processes.
- Ensures stakeholders are aware of and agreed the priority orders for each change requests.
- Comfortable in dealings with senior managers and manage conflicts.
- Able to talk explain technical solutions to our internal stakeholders, current client's and potential new business.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.