- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 22 Sep 16
Please view Job Description for details.
The Test Engineer must work with the test and application team(s) to validate the quality of the product delivered to the stakeholders as per project requirement. They are also responsible for highlighting risks to business stakeholders through timely and precise execution of manual/automated test scripts under minimal supervision.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify issues in requirements, design specifications, application architecture and product documentation.
- Develop test specifications based on various requirement documents within schedule constraints.
- Develop test bed and verify test environments (based on project requirements).
- Perform functional and technical test execution activities (with skills in automated testing increasing important) as per project engagement.
- Constant communication and follow up with various stakeholders during test planning and execution phases.
- Log software application defects (in standard defect management tools) and track it to closure.
- Report and update test status promptly and accurately.
- Good understanding and able to apply test processes laid down within GTM, and/or standards as defined by project and SCB.
- *Comply with the software quality management practices and policies (defined by QMF).
- *Chairing status meetings and reporting status outside of direct team in a professional manner.
Qualifications and Skills
- This requirement is in the banking domain and experience in delivering large test management programs in a BFSI and distributed environment is a definite plus.
- Experience of Investment Banking and in particular regulatory reporting and trading systems would be a strong plus.
- Understanding of/exposure to Selenium, Cucumber, JIRA, MUREX would also be beneficial.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.