VP - Compliance
- Permanent, Full time
- Links Recruitment Limited , EA Licence No: 09C5322
- 15 Sep 16
Our client, a Private Bank is seeking an individual to be responsible for leading and operating the jurisdictional First Line of Defense AML program. The incumbent is accountable to assist (LOBs) to design, maintain, improve, and monitor execution of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) risk and control processes for Capital Markets to ensure the Bank works with optimal efficiency and ensures risk taking is within our risk appetite.
The successful candidate is expected to possess excellent knowledge of regulatory requirements and will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day tasks related to AML/ATF governance and risk-control, KYC Customer Due Diligence, Enhanced Due Diligence, Risk Monitoring, including transaction monitoring and sanctions risk management.
You will also act as the LOB escalation point for AML compliance matters and will work closely with Local AML Compliance Officer/ Enterprise AML office to provide risk oversight.
- Establish, operate and maintain anti-money laundering, anti-terrorist financing and sanctions measures (collectively, "AML") procedures, risk and control frameworks for the LOB/LE(s), including implementing effective controls, in accordance with the AML Corporate Policy and the AML Enterprise Program Manual;
- Communicate jurisdictional products, strategies, initiatives and relevant jurisdictions of operation to Local AML Compliance Officer;
- Develop, establish and operate risk based training in consultation with Local AML Compliance Officer;
- Conduct inherent risk assessments and conduct ongoing control self-assessments for the jurisdiction;
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of controls; Identify, report and remediate issues respecting to the jurisdictional AML program;
- Complete the quarterly AML Regulatory Compliance Management (RCM) to ensure controls associated with each regulatory requirement are in place;
- Prepare and/or perform quality assurance on KYC files, perform daily PEP, sanction, and adverse media adjudications and conduct transaction monitoring;
- Review and provide approval on KYC customer risk rating; work with stakeholders on customer risk rating process, and in special circumstances provide or advice on Customer Risk Rating adjustments or exceptional approval based on client profile, in accordance with the relevant procedure and program manuals.
- Coordinate with CM LOBs and functions supporting CM LOBs to collect information in addressing request from law enforcement agents/regulatory bodies, internal/external auditors and inspectors;
- Lead Asia-wide initiatives / projects related to AML / ATF changes, including participate in the creation of project documentation and requirements, project planning and tracking, and liaising with project stakeholders
- Provide regional leadership on tasks assigned, e.g. monthly sanctions attestations, lead monthly sanctions QA, and other tasks as assigned.
The ideal candidate would be degree educated preferably in business, law or related. You would possess 6-8 years of AML regulatory requirements and practices and overall at least 10 years of experience in a financial organization. You would have strong knowledge and understanding of capital markets and to a lesser extent retail banking businesses or Trade Finance.
In terms of skills the ideal candidate would possess strong analytical and issue/risk identification and escalation, with the ability to identify and consider cross impacts, proven critical thinking. You would also have strong interpersonal and communication skills used within a demanding team environment and in client interaction
Melanie Anne Weller
Associate Consultant - Business Support
EA Registration Number R1441021
Links Recruitment Singapore Pte Ltd
EA License Number: 09C5322